Alcoa Wheel/Center Cap Question

milightfo

BLACK SMOKE
Reaction score
i bought some of e bay a while back but they did not have FORD in the center of cap like the OEM did,i finally came across some of the OEM caps and used them,if someone needs the 2 rear caps non oem let me know

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The aftermarket caps I got dont have the plastic tabs, just a metal ring. Only the rear caps have the ring though as the OEM and aftermarket front caps still use the tabs. Since I have 4 rear caps which all use the ring, I dont forsee any problems. The guy who runs the shop has been using them on his personal truck and loves them. I guess people have a habit of standing on the center caps to reach into the truck bed which causes those tabs to fail. Removing them to access the lugs isn't easy on them though either.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
The aftermarket caps I got dont have the plastic tabs, just a metal ring. Only the rear caps have the ring though as the OEM and aftermarket front caps still use the tabs. Since I have 4 rear caps which all use the ring, I dont forsee any problems. The guy who runs the shop has been using them on his personal truck and loves them. I guess people have a habit of standing on the center caps to reach into the truck bed which causes those tabs to fail. Removing them to access the lugs isn't easy on them though either.

I know you told me you got your caps at Hub Cap Annies. Do you happen to have the part number for them and how much did they cost ? Do you know if they had the open front caps to access your hubs ? Not sure I want to try and cut the rear hubs for the front. Was it a difficult modification to cut the caps for the retro-fit on the fronts ??

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
I think i can get a set of Alocas for $200

I found an aftermarket set for $100. I found a set of Alcoa's with lugs and chrome lug caps for about $225, I really just dont want to pay that much for them, IMHO that's pretty costly......:puke:

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I know you told me you got your caps at Hub Cap Annies. Do you happen to have the part number for them and how much did they cost ? Do you know if they had the open front caps to access your hubs ? Not sure I want to try and cut the rear hubs for the front. Was it a difficult modification to cut the caps for the retro-fit on the fronts ??

I dont know the part number, but they did sell the regular front caps. I just couldn't use the regular fronts since my wheels dont have the notches for the tabs. The manager cut the extra set of rear caps for me since he had a special drill/saw that could do it more accurately. I paid $120 for the set of 4.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
I dont know the part number, but they did sell the regular front caps. I just couldn't use the regular fronts since my wheels dont have the notches for the tabs. The manager cut the extra set of rear caps for me since he had a special drill/saw that could do it more accurately. I paid $120 for the set of 4.

Are your caps ABS plastic or are they metal ??? I actually like the idea of not having the caps with the tabs on the front since I hear those tabs seem to break all the time.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
I found a set on ebay for $100. Back use the metal ring and fronts use the clips. I don't really like the clip idea all that much but I'm not sure I want to mess with trying to cut the holes for the hubs.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting the factory rims with 4 notches. where could I get center caps?(4x4) A link would be great.

Last edited:

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why, I have a like new set, they always fall off. I am saving mine for when and if I ever sell them or the truck. Watch the side of the road you will likely find all you need wherever there are very rough roads.