Alcoa Wheel/Center Cap Question

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
I bought some nice used 8X6.5 Alcoa rims today for my truck. The guy didn't have the center caps for them. Two questions:

Is the Center Caps for the Ford factory Alcoa wheels all one piece that covers the alxe stub as well as the lugs or is the center cap just a push through and you have to buy chrome lug nuts separate?

Do any of you forum members have any center caps that fit these wheels for sale or does anyone know where to buy them ?

Thanks in Advance.

DragRag

Reaction score
It covers the lugs and hub. They attach to the lug nuts on the outside, they basically squeeze them. Ebay is the best buy on them unless you can find used. To be honest the after market ones actually hold on better then the oem ones.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find them on ebay. Do they just attach to the stock ford lug nuts or do you have to have the Alcoa lug nuts ?

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
They are a friend's. He pulled them off when they were new bc he got some wild idea they needed to come off. I'll see if i can't get ahold of him tommorrow

Ok, Thanks...... I'm interested, just let me know.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
The aftermarket caps are supposed to be used with OEM lugnuts. Are your wheels ford wheels with the little notches to hold OEM caps or are they true Alcoas without the notches?

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
The aftermarket caps are supposed to be used with OEM lugnuts. Are your wheels ford wheels with the little notches to hold OEM caps or are they true Alcoas without the notches?

Each wheel has 4 notches in it. Does that mean they are not true Alcoa's and they need to use a certain style center cap ??

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
They are the ford version of the alcoas. Since they have the notches you can use ford caps or aftermarket caps. The ford caps are held on with plastic clips that fit in those notches and tend to break over time. The aftermarket caps for the rear axle have a metal ring inside that grips the lugnuts. The aftermarket caps for the front axle still use the plastic clips though. Since true alcoas dont have the notches, I had to buy 4 rear caps and cut holes in 2 of them for my front axle. You can buy 2 fronts and 2 rears and will be fine.

1994IDI

Reaction score
Not to hijack, but if anyone else has a set they would like to sell, I too would be interested in buying a pair for the front and back.

To the OP, congrats on your wheels. Lets see some pictures.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have what you need and don't need them. I'd have to email you pics to be sure. I bought my alcoas off of a member with the 4X4 version and the front caps are a little different supposedly with the 4wd version. It looks like they don't completely cover the front hubs? If intersested send me a PM and we'll find out if it's what you want or no.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
I think I have what you need and don't need them. I'd have to email you pics to be sure. I bought my alcoas off of a member with the 4X4 version and the front caps are a little different supposedly with the 4wd version. It looks like they don't completely cover the front hubs? If intersested send me a PM and we'll find out if it's what you want or no.

PM sent..... Thanks.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It has been my experience that the aftermarket caps SUCK, Especially the fronts, the tabs will break off if are not careful and even then they will probably break. Once you get them on successfully, don't take them off cause they will probably break then. They are a one time use. If at all possible get the factry ones.

Another option is to to the Alcoa web site and you can get new Alcoa center caps, lug nuts and chrome lug caps that screw on the lug nuts and hold on the center cap for around $200.00 IIRC, They are quality and look real nice, turns the stock rims into more of custom look. My brother had these on his truck and I have used them for some of the trucks for the lot as well. Just an option.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It has been my experience that the aftermarket caps SUCK, Especially the fronts The tabs will break off if you are not careful and even then they will probably break. Once you get them on successfully, don't take them off cause they will probably break then. They are a one time use. If at all possible get the factory ones.

Another option is to to the Alcoa web site and you can get new Alcoa center caps, lug nuts and chrome lug caps that screw on the lug nuts and hold on the center cap for around $200.00 IIRC, They are quality and look real nice, turns the stock rims into more of custom look. My brother had these on his truck and I have used them for some of the trucks for the lot as well. Just an option.