Air in coolant system?

carrasco4712

Full Access Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

After it is warmed up or to pressure, I pop the little red pressure tab and bubbles come through the coolant tank. The more I do it, the less (it seems like) air bubbles come through, but I'm not sure if this means air is in the system. I did recently install new rad. Water pump hoses and all that. While driving the dummy temp gauge fluctuates just a couple letters on the "normal". It did not do this before. The only annoying thing that it does, which started a week after I bought it is now the temp gauge only goes as high as the "o" on normal. It went directly in the middle when I bought it and towed another truck 200miles with it.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Well... the stock temp Guage means nothing for real temp. But.... it would only make sense to be running cooler after replacing a old clogged radiator with a new clean one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After it is warmed up or to pressure, I pop the little red pressure tab and bubbles come through the coolant tank. The more I do it, the less (it seems like) air bubbles come through, but I'm not sure if this means air is in the system.

I would try bleeding the system with the cap off. Run the engine long enough until the upper hose gets hot, also with the heater running on high. If there is air in the system, it should need to be topped off after doing that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online

Members online