Air Cleaner Housing Tube- Where does it go?

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the truck fired up. Wow, having an electric lift pump really is nice. I didn't even have to glow the plugs (outside temp is in the 90's)

I was putting the air cleaner assembly back on and have this tube that I can't remember where it goes. I removed the CDR, did it have something to do with that?

If anyone can steer me in the right direction, because I can find anything too connect it to. I guess that is the problem when your truck has been taken apart for 19 months.

Thanks for any help,
Archie

Attachments

• CIMG3114.jpg
    CIMG3114.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 7
  • CIMG3115.jpg
    CIMG3115.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 7

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Well, I got the truck fired up. Wow, having an electric lift pump really is nice. I didn't even have to glow the plugs (outside temp is in the 90's)

I was putting the air cleaner assembly back on and have this tube that I can't remember where it goes. I removed the CDR, did it have something to do with that?

If anyone can steer me in the right direction, because I can find anything too connect it to. I guess that is the problem when your truck has been taken apart for 19 months.

Thanks for any help,
Archie

It's your water drain tube.. Looks a little newer and different than mine, but I'm pretty sure it still goes back by the fire wall..

Dave7.3

Diesel ******
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, that little tube acts as a drain should any water enter the filter housing. You are possibly missing the rubber flapper that goes on the end of the tube I noticed.

EDIT: Biofarmer, mine just had a rubber flapper at the end...nothing running to the firewall as you describe. Could there have been different variations throughout the years? :dunno