After market gauges?

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running all electrical Autometers except for the boost gauge in my 87 and they work perfect. I've never had an issue with them. When I redo my 94 after the tornado crunched it I'll be making my own fiberglass pod for them. I like the electrical because they keep the engine completely sealed and you don't have any fluids coming into the cab. My truck has on the dash a pyro flanked on each side by oil pressure and boost pressure. On the pillar is voltage and water temp.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
I as well am running all electric gauges. As stated above i am a big fan of keeping fluids out of the cab. Some people like the mechanical setups because you dont have to deal with sending unit wiring as well as having an electrical component go bad. I feel my gauges are just as accurate as a mechanical gauge but :dunno. hope that helps out..

You must be registered for see images attach

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
lol thanks guys.. Yes i have lots of time into this setup... and i love electronics :). I <3 my speedo..its was a lot of money but i would do it all over again if i had too. Hopefully this weekend i will get my fuse/relay box wires up.. iv had a lot of people interested in my fiberglass dash pods. im hoping when i pull my dash out to paint and re wire the inside that i will have a mold made of them and make you guys some. iv been saying that for a while now and it hasnt happened so well see. :)

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if u dont mind me asking how much was that dash setup with speedo tach and fuel gauge and how hard was it to do

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
if i remember right
fuel gauge 110
speedo 200
since the speedo is now electronic you have to get the sender.
sender 70
and diesel tach 130

so about 510$ in my cluster :)

Does this mean i have an addiction?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i remember right
fuel gauge 110
speedo 200
since the speedo is now electronic you have to get the sender.
sender 70
and diesel tach 130

so about 510$ in my cluster :)

Does this mean i have an addiction?

YUPPERS it does...and a damn good one too...could be worse...could be addicted to like say...crack...and waste that cash and not have something (gauges) to show you something (information) for it!:rotflmao:rotflmao

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a sweet looking setup. I wondered about making pillar mounts for my 79 since they don't exist for that model truck. This makes me want to for sure.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to get back on subject here
i woulnt run anything but eletrical gauges in my truck never mechanical just my personaly opinon

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason I was asking is because the stock ones are electric and I hear that they aren't reliable, so I'm going to do an upgrade next weekend and wanted your see what being used.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true the stock ones arnt reliable but ford did put crappy wiring and gauges in so dont let that lead u tto belive all eltrical gauges are crap
if i were you id run eltrical