AEM Dryflow Air Filter

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Santa showed up a touch early yesterday!

after much swaying back and forth between the napa 6637 filter and this filter i decided to get this filter b/c it is smaller than the 6637(i'm running out of room under the hood) and it is re-usable. it has also gotten good reviews from people that i have talked to that have used it first hand.

You must be registered for see images attach

this is how i am going to route the piping and am going to put the filter.

i am currently running cowl air using the factory turbo air box and a one-time use filter. i'm tired of spending $25/filter every few months. i still have to buy a silicone boot to come off the turbo and connect to the 4" pipe. i will probly be making the intake shortly after Christmas so i will update with pics then.

link to the filter btw. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XH68PM/

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put a light coat of oil inside your intake tube and after a few weeks see if theres any dust stuck to the oil

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would run it towards passenger battery on an 093 it's alot shorter intake that way. Blocks less stuff,

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would probably have to relocate filter tower to run 4" to under pass batt. I ran mine similarly off my banks and had great results. Better filter, less restriction, better spooling and no banks airbox. But ats is designed better

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score

Attachments

• 316677_261058290686251_1291334268_n.jpg
    316677_261058290686251_1291334268_n.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinkin bout something like that on my Snorkel for my truck...gotta go on 4" tubing though...hmmm....me wonders...build an all metal snorkel this time...hmmm....naw...

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Ill let you steal my idea... run a 6.9l van fuel filter so you can run your intake in the shortest route to the pass side

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
All done!!! this is what i had to cut off the silicone piece to get it to fit.
You must be registered for see images

This is the final product. i have the CDR tube running into the intake tube like that factory set-up uses.
You must be registered for see images

i am happy with the way it turned out. cleaned up the top of the engine and sounds AWESOME! i gained about 3psi of boost as well. i didn't pay attention to my EGT's on my short drive. throttle response seems better as well, especially from a stop. seems to get going easier.

Last edited:

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have close to the same set up an in the cab when you step on it. She sounds like a 6.0 sucking air lots of it lol.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
yeah the cold side of the turbo is pretty loud now. nothing annoying or anything though.

today i drove it to work. EGT's are the same as with the stock intake on, boost actually ended up being a couple psi less. the REALLY weird thing though.....my rpm's at 55mph are about 100-150rpm's less than before.

i don't feel this intake is getting a fair trial so to speak since my IP is a royal POS. i am sure that with a quality IP that was actually putting fuel out then my boost would have gone up not down. but like i have said in past threads of mine, you can see that when the egt's stop climbing the boost stops in it's tracks.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rpm to speed cant change without changing tranny or rear end. Its a ratio...

As for lower boost same egt, what are your boost and egt numbers? 300ish is usually close to a warmed up idle/putt putt. Boost and egt as you know are related to fueling. If egts are low at WOT uphill then you can spin the fuel screw up. But if its high just doing freeway speeds id look at other things...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7