Additives in the fuel

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Im now sold on a 5 or 10% bio blend for lubricity. I don't do it to be green or cheap, these are just a bonus. Im only concerned about lube as I have gone through too many IP's in these rigs.
The idi that im driving now, just came into my possesion a few months ago and will be getting new return lines and a racor water seperator with a 30 micron filter in spring. I will be using bio for sure once that is done but until then Im using Howes. Thats what I have always used, having said that....I've gone though my share of IP's while using the stuff. And im not cheap with it, I pour that stuff in.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one here uses the Stanadyne Performance Additive?:dunno I do. I buy a case every year from Taylor Diesel and I've never HAD to put an IP or injectors in any of my IDI's ever. Never had a gelling problem either.
I figure if Stanadyne made our original parts then they must be making an additive that keeps their stuff alive...................;Sweet

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Ya someone said they did. Its probably the most expensive stuff to run unless im mistaken which is likely.

If I were to buy it, I would be buying the lubricity formula. We got a real issue on our hands with ULSD.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Biod is the best. Run as much as you can in the warmer temps. If its real cold maybe #1 diesel and a gallon of biod.

Thad

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is bio really all the hype there is about it?
I've been wanting to run it. But there's no pumps near me that I know of

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does to much 2stroke oil have negative effect.........im guessing the answer is no but i dont want to risk effing anything up

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I have noticed better smileage with bio. I hear it has oxygen within its molycules so that would likely be the reason why.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
The vast majority of people do not see mileage improvements.

Its all how you use your rig though....if you care I can elaborate.

Thad