Additives in the fuel

tham

1994 F250 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replys! It sounds like Bio is the best and I wish it was available somewhere close to me. The closest place to me would cost me over 1/2 tank to get there and back. Not quiite worth a special trip for fuel but if I am ever over that way I will sure fill up and give it a try. Anyone have a link to info on making my own wmo or wvo (not sure what this is). I assume that one is made from waist oil.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the replys! It sounds like Bio is the best and I wish it was available somewhere close to me. The closest place to me would cost me over 1/2 tank to get there and back. Not quiite worth a special trip for fuel but if I am ever over that way I will sure fill up and give it a try. Anyone have a link to info on making my own wmo or wvo (not sure what this is). I assume that one is made from waist oil.

wmo = waste motor oil, involves filtering
wvo = waste vegetable oil, involves more filtering and locating.

just use some 2 stroke. you'll be a-ok.

octopus

Reaction score
power service every tank, mostly because its available everywhere. would like to try walmart 2stroke next time.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Wal marts super teck 2 stoke oil was actually pretty cheap until about 6 monts ago, I remember posting a thread when it took a price hike. Its gone up over a dollar a quart (or a litre here in metric world). I haven't used it as much since then. But im a bio guy now;Sweet

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I got some Marvel Mystery oil Diesel treatment some time back and was wondering if anyone else has ever used it. Claims to not only lubricate, but raise cetane ratings by 3 or more points. Could be snake oil, since I got it at Big Lots.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I got some Marvel Mystery oil Diesel treatment some time back and was wondering if anyone else has ever used it. Claims to not only lubricate, but raise cetane ratings by 3 or more points. Could be snake oil, since I got it at Big Lots.

see my post where i attached a lubricity study.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Yikes. Like pouring sand into the tank.

I need to find a reliable source of biodiesel.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
And with the bio, you can just run a blend and still gain more lube than any additive could offer. SO you don't need a whole bunch of it. In the winter I only use about a gallon per tank....then I fill with diesel which blends it up.

But I run a much higher blend in the summer though;Sweet

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Just so people dont get confused... You want gasser 2 stroke oil. Diesel two stroke oil is SAE 40 wt.;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Big fan of Howes. You do however need to use double the dose on the bottle for a pickup or a car as per manufacturers instructions. THis is good practice for any additive for antigel success since big trucks return fuel at a much higher volume , high enough to heat the tanks where our trucks do not return enough volume to contribute return fuel heat to the system to do any good going down the road.