'97 Jetta GLX VR6T

high psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time to part with another of my cars :(. The economy is not being friendly to me this year and I need the cash. I can no longer justify 3 cars, 2 trucks and 2 bikes. Parting one F250 and selling the Jetta.

90,7xx miles
12v VR6
5-speed
Sequoia green-typical daily driver door dings, light scratches-clear coat is milky on the front of the roof
tan leather starting to show typical wear
currently rolling on the stock Bugatti's w/BFG traction TA's-for the right price I can throw in the 17" OZ Fittipaldi's (?) that are partially polished
H&R ultralow coilovers
Garrett T04E:
P-trim .58 a/r hot side w/v-band discharge
57 trim compressor wheel
Exhaust manifold is what I believe to be an early momentum motorsports unit that I ported & polished
C2 motorsports chip
4" MAF
42 lb/hr green top injectors
CIS fuel pump
custom 3" stainless turbine outlet elbow
full 3" exhaust w/Corvette cat and Flowmaster muffler
Stainless 3" slash cut exhaust tip from muffler back
FMIC somewhat stealthily tucked behind bumper
2.5" stainless welded intercooler piping
Tial wastegate rerouted into downpipe
Turbo XS BOV plumbed in as a diveter valve
Turbosmart mbc
Currently running 9-11 psi
On the old fueling set up (EIP chip, rrfpr) it made 270 whp/272 wtq
I have a 9:1 C2 head spacer & arp head studs waiting to be installed that can be included if the price is right
Custom stainless plate formed and welded to oil pan after grinding through it one to many times-never cracked, just worn down :mrgreen:
Autometer a/f and boost gauges on a-pillar
Neuspeed front stressbar

Not really sure where to start, thinking $6500 but def open to offers

Pics to follow shortly

high psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

high psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

high psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 17's

This is from a few years ago, the rrfpr is gone now that I switched to C2 goodies, plus most of the engine covers are off, but I still have them

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn brotha i used to have a 95 VR6 with 154k on it, was such a mint car, chipped it, intake exhaust. that thing used to beat 5.0 mustangs on a 2nd gear roll every time. i loved tht car, and got it for free. was such a bangin ride. wish i could buy yours cause those VRT's are quick. im a muscle guy. but id love to have another VR6 i love these ****** things

high psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn brotha i used to have a 95 VR6 with 154k on it, was such a mint car, chipped it, intake exhaust. that thing used to beat 5.0 mustangs on a 2nd gear roll every time. i loved tht car, and got it for free. was such a bangin ride. wish i could buy yours cause those VRT's are quick. im a muscle guy. but id love to have another VR6 i love these ****** things

Thanks man, it's def great from a roll, pulled a 14.2 @ 105 down the 1/4 on all seasons spinning 1st and some 2nd :eek:. My '90 fox body could only eek out a 14.4 til I got some sticky tires under it LOL.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id keep that jetta espescially with track times like that lol. never got mine to the strip, just dragged it on the parkways and ****, always dodgin city cops and stateys lol, car was red too, cop magnet

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I know how you're feeling man. I've got 2 diesel trucks, a 71 Camaro RS/SS, a 79 Z28 Camaro, and a 97 Turbo Eclipse that I just dropped $9k into this year on a new engine, suspension, rubber, wheels, intercooler, etc. And I'm kinda regretting dropping all my money in my eclipse now that its winter and I can't drive it. Its lowered 1 3/4" so it plows more snow than our road graders do around here.

I've always liked those early VR6's. I sure thought they made allot more HP than that though, is yours tuned fairly mild? My eclipse's new engine ran 496hp on an AWD dyno.
Good luck with the sale. I feel for ya, I know I'd hate selling any of my rides too.