94 PSD

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
its not that the ecms die.some of the early 94s dont have the obdII programing.

I don't know how relevant this is, but I had my old 94's ECM flashed to the latest version and it enabled the OBDII port on it. The OBDII worked great after that!

Some time after I sold the truck, the buyer called me and asked why he could get nothing from the EEC port under the hood. I guess having the OBDII port enabled, disables the EEC port.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its one or the other but i dont think the eec port under the hood will do anything on the psd,not sure.never tried it.but ive never run into one that the obd port wasnt enabled either.but having it flashed to a newer pcm program will enable the obd port.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
The EEC port on the PSD gave very limited feedback, or info. Once the OBDII was enabled, lots more info could be obtained.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
its one or the other but i dont think the eec port under the hood will do anything on the psd,not sure.never tried it.but ive never run into one that the obd port wasnt enabled either.but having it flashed to a newer pcm program will enable the obd port.

eec port will work on the e94, only if not reprogrammed for obd2, but the info is very limited.Ive only ever had one I had to deal with the eec port on.