94 Cummins big bomb

Deezle1

Fah-Q Racing
Reaction score
I use the bd 635 ft lb plate in my truck...Oo...she goes. i have other things done to it, but that was the best power adder ive used on her yet. My last rig was an animal and was fully built. pm DBogo or me for the details....Dbogo is one of my buds and he knows bout the ole' Big Blue 1.:)

Dom

DBogo

Reaction score
yea too bad you sold it :idiot:
but about these bombed cummins some one here should try a BHAF you will definatly be happy with it

Whit

Reaction score
OK with a bit more research I have adjusted my wish list a touch

370 injectors
injector instal kit
gsk 4000 w/hd valve springs 60#
cam plate #0
191 delivery valves
overflow valve
High psi intercooler boots/clamps
Modified HX35-TW/14 w/gated housing, HT3B/26
ATS 3 piece pulse manifold, complete piping kit & AFE 5" filter
13" CON FE
4" exhaust
Gauges
BD exhaust brake 4"
Shifter switch for BD brake
Valet switch
Head stud kit

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Whitmore said:

370 injectors
injector instal kit
cam plate #0
191 delivery valves
overflow valve
13" CON FE
4" exhaust
Gauges
BD exhaust brake 4"
Valet switch
Head stud kit

If your not worried about keeping your stock DV's then JR Adkins is the place to get them. He offer's "Laser Cut DV's" which give more fuel than 191's, best price on the market (ie LOWEST), but it is a core exchange purchase. 317-281-3130 tell 'em Got Smoke? Sent ya! ;Sweet

Rest of the stuff looks :thumbsup: if your gonna do twins though I would seriously consider O-rings :eek:

Whit

Reaction score
Its my understanding that with the rolled thread studs you can get 50psi on the head gasket , I will start there prolly and if needed will have to go with o-ringin

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Whitmore said:
Its my understanding that with the rolled thread studs you can get 50psi on the head gasket , I will start there prolly and if needed will have to go with o-ringin

Yeah but a set of studs or you will be :sorry:

Snowman269

AKA: DDDENIO
Reaction score
Whitmore said:
370 injectors
injector instal kit
cam plate #0
191 delivery valves
overflow valve
13" CON FE
4" exhaust
Gauges
BD exhaust brake 4"
Valet switch
Head stud kit

My best friend has a 94' 12v 3500 4x4 dually & likes how my Stroke runs. He just called me looking to get a new clutch installed and wondered where to take it in Michigan to start bombing. I'm glad you guys were kinda already on the subject, but some of these things you are talking about has me wondering what the heck they are?

370 injectors - ok
injector instal kit - install kit?
gsk 4000 w/hd valve springs 60# gsk 4000?
cam plate #0 - ok
191 delivery valves - delivery valves?
overflow valve - overflow valve?
High psi intercooler boots/clamps - ok
Modified HX35-TW/14 w/gated housing, HT3B/26 - ok
ATS 3 piece pulse manifold, complete piping kit & AFE 5" filter - ok
13" CON FE - ???
4" exhaust - ok
Gauges - ok
BD exhaust brake 4" - ok
Shifter switch for BD brake - ok
Valet switch - ??
Head stud kit - ok

He's pulling at the weight limit right now, needs a good daily driver pulling clutch. What's the dowel pin mod?

Clutch = South Bend Dual Disk & Input shaft....will this cause any problems with the clutch pedal mechanism. He was told the slave cylinder would fail due to high pressure springs. I told him sounds like they don't know what they are doing & I'd get some real advice.

I was thinking & recommending, new bigger injectors, fuel plate, guages, intake, exhaust & getting the tranny bulletproofed. He can go bigger once he gets bit by the bombing bug (and he will). What would you guys recommend for someone just getting started that's not looking to do bigger turbo, headstuds etc...

Thanks! Dennis

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
If he's pulling a lot, and don't want to change the turbo, I'd stay with the stock injectors. 370's will work great, but with the stock turbo, it'll be just too hot when pulling. It's agrivating to have tons of power, but have to baby it up the long mountain passes baby sitting the pyro.
To find a good installer, I'd call Peter at South Bend Clutch and he'll point you to his dealer/installer out there. The 13" Con FE Kev is talking about is one stout clutch, but the truck I drove that had it never pulled anything and it drove more ON/OFF than mine with the OFE. A friend here pulls heavy with his '97 12 valve with over 500 hp and with an OFE clutch. He also uses his valet switch to knock it down to the 350/400 hp range when towing heavy in the mountains as it is much more managable. Piers told him 350-450 is ideal for towing, anymore and yer just spinning your tires :thumbsup: . Some might have a different opinion, but I'd tend to go with what Piers says. The valet switch blocks off the boost signal to the AFC which won't allow it to go past a certain boost number, limiting HP. This is something you can also use when someone else will be driving your truck and you don't want them to have ALL the fun.
The '94's come with 160 DV's (I think) limiting fuel flow, bigger delivery valves let you do a bigger plate, bigger jectors, more fuel, more power, etc.

ndurbin

Reaction score
I have a #10 plate and 370s on stock DV's, tho I do have a slight stumble at low RPMs with them.

To answer a few of the questions:

Injector install kit - comes with all the washers, seals, and other things needed when switching injectors

4000 GSK - Governor Spring kit, allows the motor to rev to 4000+ RPMs (not a real good idea to go over 4000 rpms as bad things happen then)

Delivery valves - They are in the pump where the injection lines screw onto the pump basically and control fuel flow to the injectors.

Overflow valve - Lets excess fuel return to the tank from the pump (on the passenger side at the front).

The dowel pin or otherwise known as the Killer Dowel Pin (KDP) is a small dowel pin in the timing case cover that can vibrate loose and fall into the gear case causing damage.

Oh and gauges.

Nathan

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Whitmore said:
Tim the 94 auto has 160 pump and the manual has 175 pump

Good, now just pry that thing out of JR's hands and get under that hood! ;Sweet And it'll be easier to work on it with my ol' bumper on the front instead of that intimidater you sold me. I really have noticed people getting out of my way. :backoff

Whit

Reaction score
Deezle1 said:
Hows the old 94 goin Whit? u havent updated us!

Dom

Havent reall touched it.......son is driving it and asking if he can buy it from me......................I is thinkin bout it

DBogo

Reaction score
make sure you tab that KDP either way if you keep it or sell it to you son tab that SOB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online