94 Cummins big bomb

Whit

Reaction score
OK I will be getting my spare truck next week :D and am starting to think of what all bombs I gotta do, want to make some crazy power with no holds barred LOL , its a 94 standard cab, 4x4 with NV 4500 trans. Guide me straight here boys and girls what do you suggest................Bombs Away

batfish

Reaction score
Thats a 160hp pump and they do good with bigger delivery valves. I put the 181's in mine. Fuel plate.... I got a #5 and I really like it but alot of people like the 10. Injectors..... You can find little-use 215's REALLY cheap and good for 40 hp and they run good and CLEAN with no stumble. Thats what I did but you can go wild into the 370's. To improve thottle response and the defueling at around 2200 rpm a good trick is the 3 GSK kit from piers. That is a good improvement over stock and gauges I would assume you already know. They sound neat with a straight pipe too. I wrapped mine real good under the cab and it cut down on the drone. What else?? Also the dowel pin should be done and I put the full splined shaft from Standard Trans. to fix the 5th gear problem.

Last edited:

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Don M's Mach 4 injectors, Twins(includes the ATS manifold & high flow air filter), ported & O-ringed head, head and main studs, Cummins chrome package, Piers Stoopid pump(takes care of GSK,overflow valve,fuel plate, and calibrating), cam, South Bend Clutch, full 5" exhaust, LarryB's starter contacts, and dont forget Luke's links for the steering joints that are probably shot. I think that would do it nicely:D

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Just take it to Piers and leave it with a blank check.:rock:

In addition to what's already been said, get that KDP tabbed first. Put on the heavier intake/exh. springs and do the 4k GSK. If you wanna just pull the whole thing apart, do the bigger cam while you have the head off. Check the TDR classifieds, there were a few stack setups for sale cheap.

ndurbin

Reaction score
175hp pump actually. Forget the 215s if you want power look at 370s or Don M.'s. Upgrade the turbo to atleast an HX-35. Bump the timing to around 15-16*. Definitely bigger DVs and a GSK.

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Injectors = 370's (capable of 600HP for $400 sounds right to me ;) )
Plate = grind the stocker to a zero plate = 100HP or so for free!
DV's, your going to need DV's PERIOD. Best price on DV's on the market is JR Adkins laser cuts on exchange basis of $200. # is 317-281-3130 (not affiliated, just happy customer)
Turbo = see above vendor! LOL
Clutch = South Bend Dual Disk & Input shaft....do it once, do it right! :rock:
3K GSK (in your not gonna sled pull it)
Scotty II for air intake
Rip Rook ( www.sourceautomotive.biz ) for 4" exhaust
That's about all I can think of right now, but that would put you close to 450+/- RWHP.

DSteinel

Reaction score
well first off, do you want to drive it, pull it or race it. I know what I would do with it if you want to pull it, but you ain't gonna drive it on the road:D

Whit

Reaction score
Plans are to use it as work truck commuting, 4x4 off roadin and blastin ricers, should never have to tow much since I use my 01 for that, never will get to pull with it since we aint got that kinda thing round here...............wish we did

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Since that's the case, 370's, ground fuel plate, 4k GSK & valve springs, dilevery valves, HX40, B1, or twins, new overflow valve, and good clutch.

Whit

Reaction score
What bout the tranny, is it good to go as is or do I need the billet shaft or full splined unit

Whit

Reaction score
Wish list so far, tune me up b4 I start buying stuff

Gauges
4 or 5" exhaust
370 injectors
gsk 4000 w/hd springs
cam plate #10 or #100
afc spring kit
high flow delivery valves
overflow valve
ats pulse manifold
intercooler boots/clamps
B-1 bomber turbo ???
B-1 down pipe/ clamp
afe progaurd 7
BD exhaust brake
SBC-MU00090-CON-OFE
full spline main shaft

Last edited:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Kev, if'n you're not going to tow with it and even if you did a little you could get by with a con FE clutch rather than the OFE. More grab and still very daily driveable, just some report it being too grabby for towing, especially trying to back up. I drove one that dyno's over 500 hp (he'll be in Greeley and now has added twins:rock: ) and I thought it wasn't hard at all to drive. A little harder to push in the peddle and it was somewhat an either ON or OFF type clutch, but not bad at all. He's the type that'll take ya for a ride if he can have the same!

Grinding your plate flat can get-r-done too. Richard down here did that with an old plate and it works pretty well. More smoky than the previous custom ground plate he had that Piers put in when he sent up his pump for calibration. I think he has the B1 as well. He can brake tires loose at 60 on dry interstate:Thumbs Up

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Now look at the difference between my kustom #0 plate and the stock one. All I did was grind off the bumps and ;Sweet that alone was a real good bomb.

Attachments

• dodgefuelplate.jpg
    dodgefuelplate.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 79

Got Smoke?

The Smokey One
Reaction score
Grind the plate! :idiot:

I would recommend the Con OFE unless you are absolutely certain this truck will be running more than 450RWHP. I had a 13" FE in my previous 97 running 430RWHP and it was a little grabby & aggressive for my taste's. Should have listened to Peter and got the OFE instead and saved some $$....really since I sold it 5 months later! :frustrate

Give JR Adkins a call 317-281-3130 he can set you up with a great turbo at a good deal less than a B-1 price tag. Not knocking B1's just trying to save you some $$ :rock:

I would recommend a Scotty II intake with the cowl hole cut for air intake, it reduces EGT's DRAMATICALLY! :thumbsup:

I would waste money on the AFC spring right away. You can usually adjust smoke level's with AFC spring/housing and plate adjustments. Save the $$ ;)

Again, check with JR on the DV's he has the best price on the market! :D

Spend the $35 you saved on the AFC spring to install a new OverFlow valve!

Inspect your exhaust manifold VERY WELL before laying down $$$ for an ATS yet. Sorry but I'm not parting with $400-500 big ones until its necessary!

I would say go ahead and get the PDR boot kit, cause once you start increasing boost past stock level's its only a matter of time before the stockers start failing. I'm going to be ordering PDR's in about a month or less. Need HD valve springs & 4K baby springs first! :rock:

Lastly, Rip Rook for the best price on exhaust system's. www.SourceAutomotive.biz

I think that about sums it up, before you lay down the $$$
:thumbsup: :Thumbs Up