94/95 on its second Injector Harness

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Hey all..

I am aksing this for my buddies truck...

He was driving home last night and the SES light came on then it died... He was able to get it started but it had no power .... he remembered that the last time it did this it was his injector harness shorting out... Well when he went to look the one end wire looks all fried and if he presses it back in it runs real good...

My question is this.... is there a different way or something he can do differently to stop this from happening? A different way of securing it or stopping it from shorting out. Someone else did the work last time .. a shop in AZ... I told him he should be able to do it himself...

What all is entailed in doing the job and what are some things he should look for and be aware of... I know you all are the know all's of all when it comes to the OBS trucks...

Also where can he purchase and how much can he expect to pay for a new harness?

TIA

FX4DUDE

Diesel Die Hard
Reaction score
I know of a guy that plugs them in nice and good and puts a zip tie around them to keep 'em tight. My Dad just had problems with his '95 up hunting and it was because it melted that harness under the valve cover.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I'm with Nick on this one. The extra load put on the wiring from old gp's make the harnesses melt and srews up the injector wires too. They're all in the same plugs.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys... after some more info it was the plug was melted not unplugged...

So new glow plugs will help with that huh? I will let him know..

The cutting out problem seems to be related to fuel... if he shuts the truck off and lets it sit for a few then restarts it the truck runs fine... but if you take off and drive it goes well for the exact same distance and then loses all power. If you keep it started and try to keep it running it keeps falling on its face. But if you shut it off again then restart it runs right again...

All I can think of right now is that it's because the fuel bowl is filling up and so it runs good off the fuel in the bowl then falls on its face when the fuel bowl is empty.

Is there a inline filter or someother place to look that might cause this to happen?

Thanks in advance for all your help and advice!! :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online