93 ford f250 na 7.3 electric issues

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So last night driving home the headlights went out even the dash lights naturally i pulled over threw hazard lights on checked fuses all good. Now here is the odd thing can pull the button out will have headlights but no tail lights push the button half way before it is for parking lights all lights work dash/headlights/taillights but hit a bump or turn brights on dash an taillights go out.

Any vidoes on YouTube or anything for repairing wire for this year model since buying a wire harness is a no go right now n its a buddies truck who is outta town that i use for dd to work.

All fuses are good bulbs are good batteries are good starter and alternator is good any help would be appreciated.

gandalf

Reaction score
I'm going to take a WAG and guess that its about time for a new headlight switch. That's only a maybe, but its certainly something I'd consider.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a Power Probe and its been helpful with all my cars. The transducer hooks to the battery and then to whatever wire or fuse you want and then the receiver beeps as you move along the circuit and stops when it reaches the short or open end in the system. Has arrows for direction too. Was way cheaper than a new harness for my Subaru.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know I had the same problem... Darned if I can remember what the issue was.... It could very well need a new switch, but that wasn't my particular problem. I'll have to see if I can find my old thread on it.

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The headlight switch or the connector for the switch is burnt. I think running a trailer with all those clearance lights cooked mine a few years ago. There's a lot of additional draw when a trailer is connected. I've replaced most of the trailer clearance lights with LED lights - much less draw.