'90 F350 Crewcab 4x4 "BFTD" Project..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By removing 12 bolts...front clip removes....makes installation a breeze

Just sayin..no lifting way tf up in the aire...more room to work around ...amazing difference...plus...clean n paint frame

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By removing 12 bolts...front clip removes....makes installation a breeze

Just sayin..no lifting way tf up in the aire...more room to work around ...amazing difference...plus...clean n paint frame

Tried that route first... The hardware and rot was going to cost me a good bit if I kept going as I would probably end up replacing the core support.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last few goodies have arrived...

You must be registered for see images attach

I also received all of the parts to finish my coolant filter setup...

And this..

F650 overhead console. It will eventually be home to my boost and pyro gauges along with my rocker ign. switch system.

Anyways... saturday is supposed to be 70 and sunny all day... I'll be in the shop by 7 and should get it going hopefully by the end of the weekend.

More to come, hopefully soon.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Those two items are on my shopping list as well. Did you get the console from ebay or ???

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Those two items are on my shopping list as well. Did you get the console from ebay or ???

Yes indeed. You can get them new with no switches/gauges for about 90... I gave 94 shipped for this one out of a wrecked F650 CC

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the gauge holes for standard 2" gauges or smaller?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One more question if I can be a pest. What flywheel PN and clutch PN did you order and did the bolts come with the flywheel? I think there is one correct kit + flywheel combo but mainly I need to know about the bolts.

Thanks again!

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clutch came with hardware and throw-out, flywheel came with hardware and pilot bearing.

Part numbers:

LFW127

Both are LUK from Rockauto. A good bit cheaper to buy separately then to buy as a kit.

I also got the clutch fork as it was cheap and they do wear. I don't want to pull it back apart.

That number is:

ATP ZA124

I also got a rear main, wear sleave, and sleave driver to do everything at once.

Last edited:

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So between those two kits you got all new flywheel and pressure plate bolts also? Thats awesome. I wish they were more forthcoming with that info in the part descriptions. I ordered the more expensive kit cause I wasn't sure if they came with everything. Ratsin fratsin.

70 on saturday! that's Awesome we're suppose to hit 50 and that will be like tropical. Good luck for the weekend.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes indeed. Clutch came with clutch hardware and flywheel came with the flywheel hardware. I was worried about it too but I had multiple sets at the house if I needed to reuse them.

Hoping everything goes smoothly this weekend as I'd really like to start driving this thing a bit.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered the clutch and flywheel last night. About $25 cheaper from rock auto than amazon even after shipping cost and don't forget to use the 5% off code from the forum! It was like $12 on this order so not trivial for 30 seconds worth of effort to go copy and paste it.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a long day.

Got out to the shop around 7:30 this morning and started cleaning up the mess and making room. Was finally able to get the truck heaved back in around 10. Progress was a bit slow but figured its best to just take the time this go around and fix the little issues as we go.

Trans out... rear seal retainer pulled back off and crank repair sleeve installed. Reinstalled rear retainer and installed new clutch/flywheel...

Heaved the trans/transfer back up into place with new clutch fork. Slave and master cylinders looked to have been replaced at some point so left them be. Got the trans cross member back in place and buttoned everything up.

Decided to call it an evening after flushing the oil pan out a bit with fresh oil. It's going to take some time to get it ready to fire (maybe tomorrow if the weather holds out).

Swapped the 285s on the front... (Need to fabricate a cover for the pump gear as mine is missing)

Anyways, plans for tomorrow are to get it to the point where I can at least crank it over and build oil pressure/check for leaks. If time allows, I'll get further but we'll see.

On another note, the clutch feels a lot smoother/lighter then the stock clutch did (old clutch felt like my foot was going to go through the firewall if I pushed any harder on it). Much easier to push the pedal down. How much free play should the pedal have? Mine has ~ 1/2-3/4" before tension is felt.

Also, if the engine runs good and doesnt show any major issues, I'm going to go on and have the front and rear driveshafts rebuilt as there is a bit of slop in the rear u-joints and the front CV is SHOT. There is a local shop that will change u-joints with spicer replacements for cheaper then I can buy just the joints... little family shop that I love to send business to when I can.

I'm really hoping and praying this engine is good... with 130k on it, it should be in great shape but you just never know.

Anyways, more to come soon hopefully.

Last edited:

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but I can buzz one out easily enough. I'd really like to have it tomorrow as well otherwise I'd just buy a used one.

I plan to just cut one out of some 1/8" aluminum stock I've got. A couple holes and should be good to go.