89 IDI IN TRUCK TREND

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
you dont see that very often,guys name is mike,he's from kent,england. :thumbsup:
good lookin ride,need to get him in the basement :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I checked out their web site and couldn't find anything on it.

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rancherman84 said:
you dont see that very often,guys name is mike,he's from kent,england. :thumbsup:
good lookin ride,need to get him in the basement :D

OK rancherman.. Give me a clue what your avatar is.. I've had a number of people looking at it and all we can come up with is: A big flatbed truck with 50 gallon oil drums on it that just ran over one big, bad, green grasshopper. Not bad mouthing your avatar Bro - - Just curious. Not being a farmer or rancher I'm clueless on this one. Help me out guy.. Thanks....

Al

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
HiWayMan said:
OK rancherman.. Give me a clue what your avatar is.. I've had a number of people looking at it and all we can come up with is: A big flatbed truck with 50 gallon oil drums on it that just ran over one big, bad, green grasshopper. Not bad mouthing your avatar Bro - - Just curious. Not being a farmer or rancher I'm clueless on this one. Help me out guy.. Thanks....

Al

HA HA HA HA :rotflmao All us farm boys know that it is a big *** Claas forage harvester or what I would call a corn chopper! It basically chops up corn or hay and shoots it into a truck to be hauled to a silo.

Here is a bigger of pic of one similar in action:

Attachments

• corn_chopper.jpg
    corn_chopper.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

rubberfish

Reaction score
HiWayMan said:
OK rancherman.. Give me a clue what your avatar is.. I've had a number of people looking at it and all we can come up with is: A big flatbed truck with 50 gallon oil drums on it that just ran over one big, bad, green grasshopper.
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao
It had me stumped too. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must be city folk. I knew what it was, although it's not the right color green. :draw

pafixitman

Reaction score
I confussed on the difference between a combine (cornbine as my 7 yo calls 'em) and a forage harvester. I met a big old JD a couple weeks ago at 6 in the morning. 8 tires (2 each corner) Needles to say, I pulled over.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
HiWayMan said:
A big flatbed truck with 50 gallon oil drums on it that just ran over one big, bad, green grasshopper.
I was Hoping HiWayMan was right. LOL That would have made good story... :rotflmao

HiWayMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diezel_Cowboy said:
HA HA HA HA :rotflmao All us farm boys know that it is a big *** Claas forage harvester or what I would call a corn chopper! It basically chops up corn or hay and shoots it into a truck to be hauled to a silo.

Here is a bigger of pic of one similar in action:

OK. It's making sense to me now. Thanks for the picture of one in action. Cool machine.. It looks like a lot of fun to operate - for the first 8 hours anyway. Sitting in there for 12 hrs would probably get old.... Thanks for straightening me out on that...

Al

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
pafixitman said:
I confussed on the difference between a combine (cornbine as my 7 yo calls 'em) and a forage harvester. I met a big old JD a couple weeks ago at 6 in the morning. 8 tires (2 each corner) Needles to say, I pulled over.

A combine separates the seeds of the crop from the rest of the plant. It is more complex than a forage harvester.

A forage harvester simply chops the entire plant seeds,stem,leaves and all up into small pieces and blows it out through a spout and into a wagon or truck. The silage is then packed into an air tight storage silo where it ferments and is later used for feed.

Hey before you know it, I'll have you city slickers calling out proper names of equipement like a little kid names animals as he walks through the zoo. LOL

pafixitman

Reaction score
I think he meant this green! Cool. They used a sweet combine behind my house a couple weeks ago. Nice turbo whistle, and the correct green!

Attachments

• tractor-9520-action-72152.jpg
    tractor-9520-action-72152.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 9