86 f350 cc rebuild

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Diesel... Now is the best time to check out the condition of the fuel pickup screens in both the tanks. I can reach the front tank from under the truck but the rear tank is not easy. That needs to be dropped or the bed taken off.

already dun. i did the fish mouth on both tanks, also did the vent mod i.e. pulled the roll over valves and tubed it to my filler neck;Sweet
anything i'm forgetting while i have it off?
chris

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
I thought they were 19.5s. I want a set so bad, but you're looking at $3000 for a new set with tires. American Eagle makes an alloy for the dualie and Summitt Racing sells them for $241 ea. Then another $180-200 for steel inner.

Did you buy them or did they come with the truck? How do they ride? Are they very rough riding? How wide are the wheels and the 33's?

I'm trying to decide if the 245/70 will fit on a 6" rim or do I have to go to 6.75". Of course I can go to 225/70 on 6", but I'm looking at gearing issues with different tire sizes.

diesel4me2

Reaction score
I thought they were 19.5s. I want a set so bad, but you're looking at $3000 for a new set with tires. American Eagle makes an alloy for the dualie and Summitt Racing sells them for $241 ea. Then another $180-200 for steel inner.

Did you buy them or did they come with the truck? How do they ride? Are they very rough riding? How wide are the wheels and the 33's?

I'm trying to decide if the 245/70 will fit on a 6" rim or do I have to go to 6.75". Of course I can go to 225/70 on 6", but I'm looking at gearing issues with different tire sizes.

bought them from rickson. havent noticed any difference other then a better grip. width ?, i'll have to measure them. the tires are goodyear g-171's rickson thas them on there web site, also look here http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21891
chris

diesel4me2

Reaction score
so i've been busy. mom had open heart surgery yesterday, put in a mechanical valve. all better now.
working on the truck has been time consuming. i hope to have it all done for the rally. rear 4-link is in. had to re-wire the compressor. now it's on to the front. my rear disk conversion should be here next week to;Sweet
heres some pics

Attachments

• MVC-018S.JPG
    MVC-018S.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 27
  • MVC-023S.JPG
    MVC-023S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 25
  • MVC-021S.JPG
    MVC-021S.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 23
  • MVC-019S.JPG
    MVC-019S.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 25
  • MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 22
  • MVC-022S.JPG
    MVC-022S.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 17
  • MVC-020S.JPG
    MVC-020S.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 27
  • MVC-017S.JPG
    MVC-017S.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 17

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
:eek: Holy schnikies Chris!
That thing is gonna be a monster.:love:

Looking good and looks like ya gots plenty of room under them fenders now.

diesel4me2

Reaction score
thanks ron, it's more inveloved than i thought. hey on a side note can i leave my truck like this for a few days? i'm worried about tweaking the frame. any thoughts

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 16
  • MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 7

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That four link kicks butt. ;Sweet
Did you design that yourself or buy it?

Looks like a great rig coming together, keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

diesel4me2

Reaction score
well thats hard to say. yes i did and no i didn't. nobody would take the job execpt :eek: aim ind.:eek: nothing but bad press about them. though i didn't have any issues with them. good customer service, answered all my questions, if i was missing a part, they shiped it to me. no questions. since my project was a prototype they would make a design, call with specs, i would check them, tell them what needed to be changed. they would call back with more concerns and more specs, i again, would check them and let them know. this went on for about four months. so to answer your question, did i make them. yes and no:rotflmao. the part thats killing me is the custom fitting. even with all the phone calls and specs, bulding a kit like this sight unseen is an undertaking in and of itself. grind a little here, bevel a little there. its very tedious (sp?). and having to weld everything together is not easy for me as i don't have a big welder. so i would have to mock it up, tack it with my buzz box, remove it, find my buddy with his trailblazer in his bed, meet up with him, weld, come home and reinstall it. oh and i also cut out 6 inches of lift out of the pedistals. my rear bumper was 40 inches off the ground at first.:D. to tall for the fiver, had to go lower.
chris

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck will be fine like that for a few days... My unibody Jeep sat like that for a year... no tweaks... what I would give to have a frame...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes