'86 Crew Cab Project Update and Photos Part 2...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good heath. thanks for the good pics.

i bent those to the factory part i have....maybe i need to bend them a little shallower the next batch i do.

It wasn't that the bend was too shallow, that was fine. The bend (for my firewall at least) needed to physcially be 1/16 - 1/8 more towards the drivers side of the plate.

Does that make sence? It does in my head at least.:D

Heath

Last edited:

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone has had the flu, including myself.:puke: But, Missy has remained bulletproof and has not had as much as a sniffle. How are you and are you enjoying married life again?;Sweet I was hopeing to see you guys this summer, but I know CO is a long way from PA.

We have been fine Heath! And married life is great. We really wanted to come but just cant swing PA with buying a house. Will plan on next year and see what happens.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone has had the flu, including myself.:puke: But, Missy has remained bulletproof and has not had as much as a sniffle. How are you and are you enjoying married life again?;Sweet I was hopeing to see you guys this summer, but I know CO is a long way from PA.

We have been fine Heath! And married life is great. We really wanted to come but just cant swing PA with buying a house. Will plan on next year and see what happens.

BJ, yeah, buying a house is kind of a big deal. The rally will be there next year. Glad to hear you guys are doing great. Don't be a stranger around here.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The plan is to get the engine in the truck tomorrow. I hope to at least get the flyweel, clutch, pressure plate on if I can't get the transmission on the truck by the end of the weekend.

Heath

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Hi Heath, tell me something....

What color is that? The engine block? Can you give me the color name and number?

Looks like the factory grey that these engines were painted with from the factory.

I will be needing some for my 7.3 when I restore it.

Thanks

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Heath, tell me something....

What color is that? The engine block? Can you give me the color name and number?

Looks like the factory grey that these engines were painted with from the factory.

I will be needing some for my 7.3 when I restore it.

Thanks

That is Rustoleum egnine paint, Color, "248958 - Ford Gray"

Hope that helps.

Heath

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow Heath Im really impressed it really makes me want to get my truck done ! Id love to come to the rally to see that truck and all the other amazing trucks
You really are doing a amazing job on the project ;Sweet Im really excited for ya

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any updates?
Yup. Don't have the photos loaded yet, but I've gotten the engine, clutch, tranny, US Gear underdrive, and T-case in the truck. The drive shafts back on and all the pullies/accessories on the front of the engine. The downpipe on the turbo and the rest of the turbo stuff.

Dad and I set the front clip on the truck Sunday night. There is still a lot (and I mean a lot) of little detail work to be done. Most of that will be wiring and cosmetic stuff. When I get it a chance, I'll post up some more updates with photos.

That's good stuff Heath!
Thanks man!;Sweet

Heath