'86 Crew Cab Project Update and Photos Part 2...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good Heath!!!!!

When you get it finished, you can bring it up to Indy so I can test it out for you. I think a short test drive should be enough. I will bring it back in 5 or 6 years.....

Slantnose is my favorite IDI bodystyle!!!!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would having the exhaust manifolds, up-pipes and turbo flange Jet-hot coated produce the same effect?
It should, but I don't have anyone in the region that does that coating. So I thought I'd give the heat wrap a try. If I dont' like it, I'd be pretty easy to remove.

Looks good Heath!!!!!

When you get it finished, you can bring it up to Indy so I can test it out for you. I think a short test drive should be enough. I will bring it back in 5 or 6 years.....

Slantnose is my favorite IDI bodystyle!!!!
Thanks Scott. I think I'll keep her in KY for a while.:D The big test drive will be in May when I take her for a dirt bike trip to Highland Park Resort in Northwest Georgia.

Heath

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn nice indeed Heath, how did you find the firewall plate to install. It wasn't that difficult for me, as for you it would appear you had it easy with the engine out too.

Love the nice pictures, and info your providing along with them. That is my first good view of a Sidewinder turbo and I must say it looks good.

Keep up the good work and keep up the pics. Thanks for posting this.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn nice indeed Heath, how did you find the firewall plate to install. It wasn't that difficult for me, as for you it would appear you had it easy with the engine out too.

Love the nice pictures, and info your providing along with them. That is my first good view of a Sidewinder turbo and I must say it looks good.

Keep up the good work and keep up the pics. Thanks for posting this.

The firewall mount was bent about 1/16 or maybe closer to 1/8 of an inch off for my firewall. I moved it toward the driver's side with a BFH and a vice.:D Once I did that, she bolted into place with little fuss. Having the front clip off and the engine out made getting it installed quite a bit easier.;Sweet

Heath

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The firewall mount was bent about 1/16 or maybe closer to 1/8 of an inch off for my firewall. I moved it toward the driver's side with a BFH and a vice.:D Once I did that, she bolted into place with little fuss. Having the front clip off and the engine out made getting it install quite a bit easier.;Sweet

Heath

I reckon that those plagued with this problem and looking to fix it will have a substantially more difficult time installing the plate with the clip and engine installed.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY COW...... I have missed alot since I last looked...... LOOKS AWESOME HEATH. hope all is well with the family

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, Heath she looks awsome! Keep up the good work. Hopefully you get back up here with it Id love to check it out in person. Im sure the pix do it any justice.:thumbsup:;Sweet;Sweet
Al

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
It should, but I don't have anyone in the region that does that coating. So I thought I'd give the heat wrap a try. If I dont' like it, I'd be pretty easy to remove.

Thanks Scott. I think I'll keep her in KY for a while.:D The big test drive will be in May when I take her for a dirt bike trip to Highland Park Resort in Northwest Georgia.

Heath

Since it's gonna stay in ky then bring it to Cadiz and I'll test it out for you. :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOLY COW...... I have missed alot since I last looked...... LOOKS AWESOME HEATH. hope all is well with the family
Everyone has had the flu, including myself.:puke: But, Missy has remained bulletproof and has not had as much as a sniffle. How are you and are you enjoying married life again?;Sweet I was hopeing to see you guys this summer, but I know CO is a long way from PA.

Wow, Heath she looks awsome! Keep up the good work. Hopefully you get back up here with it Id love to check it out in person. Im sure the pix do it any justice.:thumbsup:;Sweet;Sweet
Al
Thanks Al. I hope I can. Are you coming to the Rally this summer? Hope to see that sick IDI again.:hail

looking good

Heath that looks awesome.

Top notch work!

O and by the way it's looking good!

Thanks a lot guys. I hope I can get more done this weekend, but it depends on how fast I can get over the flu.

Heath

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
looks good heath. thanks for the good pics.

i bent those to the factory part i have....maybe i need to bend them a little shallower the next batch i do.