85 temp guage

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no power at the temp guage sensor. Is the factory guage something easily fixed, or is it time better spent to install the mechanical I have in the shop?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can check the temp sender with a VOM, cold engine resistance should be 74 ohms and hot engine at 9.7 ohms. If the wireing is good you should get battery voltage at the sensor. Other than that you would have to pull the instrument panel out and check for voltage there.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
There isn't a lot of good from fixing it, an aftermarket gauge with real #'s would be in My opinion time better spent while You get real temp readings.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn't a lot of good from fixing it, an aftermarket gauge with real #'s would be in My opinion time better spent while You get real temp readings.

That certainly is true, an after market guage is much better as it gives an accurate temp. He wanted to know how to check out the OEM sensor.

Arborigine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already tested it, no power means a bad guage, since the power supply to the others works.
I don't like un-numbered guages, (good-bad-O-meter) but they are better than nothing. I think I will hang a new one over the radio today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin