7.3 return line kit install

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna be doing this tommorrow along with the olives.Im just gonna jump in and do it but are there any tips or suggestions u guys have.Also is priming the system gonna be a SOB!?! Just wanna make sure things go smooth with little to no hold ups.

Thanks gents!

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem getting mine started after doing them. It may start then stall then restart a little rough. Looks like the hoses between the caps are 4 inches long.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleanliness is the key to no leaks. Put the o'rings on the injectors dry, then lube them, silicone spray on the rings and inside the cap is sufficient. Put the upper ring on first, then roll the bottom one over it. Lint free rag to clean them, then lube. Vasoline is also good, just a thin coat. If dust or lint gets on them, your gonna have a leak, Caps only have 0.020 squeeze so they can be pushed sideways with too long of a hose.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Also, prior to install, run your finger inside every cap and check for excess mold flashing, or nicks and irregularities. If you find a problem, lightly sand it until it is smooth again. If you don't, it will slice the o-ring and create a leak.

Reaction score
I used copious amounts of Vaseline and did the Zycam bottle trick (Google it) when I did mine. No leaks, and start up was a non-issue.

Mike

NTOLERANCE

I'm the cotton swab
Reaction score
I did half the engine, fired it up, let it idle a bit to smooth out, shut it down and then did the other half of the engine.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the old caps off each side as a unit. This allowed me to put each Side together as a unit. I laid the new caps and lines over the old caps and lines and made every cap line up with the old ones. Doing it this way, you know your lines aren't too long or short.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Google'd zycam bottle trick and didn't find anything. Can you splain?

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So did I?? I found zican and think its a nasal decongestant!! *****

Damn rain,gonna have to get wet!

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in Apple Valley.sposed to snow but so far its just cold and windy. Your welcome to stick the nose in my garage. I got a kit from type 4 but have not needed it yet since I used washers to hold mine down.

theguruat12

Certified Tinkerer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I have to offer is be careful when reconnecting the injector hard lines (well, more careful than I was). I accidentally cross-threaded the hard line to injector #5 and didn't notice because that one had been pretty darn tough to take off, but I sure realized it when I started the truck and got high pressure fuel shooting out of where the entire nut had cracked. Luckily pull and pay only wanted $6 for a new one.

Defrocked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where these copper washers go? I assumed over the injector with the cap sliding over it but it doesn't fit.One side is prepped and ready to install.Got a break in the weather right now :)

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copper washers go on tips of injectors when installing injectors to the heads. No need to change those if they're not giving you trouble.