7.3 idi vs 7.3 idit

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
The whole thing is as stated in a Star Trek episode some 50 years ago, in one episode a Attorney stated what are you going to do for back up when the computer goes down. The attorney was saying you need books in this story and he was right.

When the Illuminati cuts the computer line or power what are you to do?
You should be building your Road Warrior IDI. We will have the last laugh on the Power Stroke goons!

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now how to you think this short block will do on boost with 309k. as i have it apart i wanna do studs, R&D cam, new lifters, pushrods, aluminum radiator, moose injectors, custom turbo set up, etc. should i just pull the short block or do you think it will be alright for some time.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am interested in your knowledge. I am going to attempt to build mine to outperform the Sulzer 96, just in the area of torque of course. I only need to produce about 1000 fold more increase in this crucial area but I believe it is achievable with a pair of pliers, screwdriver and my crafty tuning skills. :D

Dont forget scotchlocks.

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
now how to you think this short block will do on boost with 309k. as i have it apart i wanna do studs, R&D cam, new lifters, pushrods, aluminum radiator, moose injectors, custom turbo set up, etc. should i just pull the short block or do you think it will be alright for some time.

Can't you do compression test or measure wear anywhere for play excetra ?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
my na oem engine did very well with a turbo at 89,000 miles till it was pulled at 370,000 miles. valves, pistons and engine overall was fine but worn out. even had an original head gasket on passenger side. cavitated on drivers side and shop would not replace other side head gasket. i was payng but nope.. i showed them bout that..

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in general a turbo if you are in it shortens motor life?

many think so.it's just the opposite though (without pressing the boost limits) as a turbo means a more complete burn of the fuel (as long as the fuel is adjusted properly-no black clouds etc) a turbo engine will run at lower egts than a n/a will under load.

Timemachines

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck is a 89 f250 standard cab lond beg 2wd 7.3 idi with tow package. NO RUST. got if for 1200 bucks. sold the bed made a sweet custom flat bed. cleaned frame and gave it 2 coats of undercoating and 2 coats of paint. shes ready for a lifetime. now im the second owner bought it with 301k it sat for awhile and when i got it i towed it home and put a stater on it and fired it up ;) then things started leaking etc. so now i pulled the heads stripped it down and i want to put it back together 100% able to take me giving it to her. and keep the mileage rolling. so that consists of being sure the shortblock will be ok and the e4od 4x4 is next. got the e4od already. so you guys think it will be ok with "building it at 309K"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online