7.3 idi bigger injectors???

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM Agnem if you would like to get pricing on the moose line of products. Let him know that you have an NA 7.3 with the pump set to stock and see what he says. I don't Mel would sell anyone something they don't need.

My guess is that you would see no benefit with larger injectors. Turning up your pump is free. That is if you don't exceed safe exhaust temps in the process. But that goes for any modification.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a stock idi and typical bolt on turbo kit can easily be (and very often is lol) over fueled with oem injectors and turbo ip as is fyi.
this can easily been seen by seeing black smoke out the exhaust.black smoke simply means unburnt fuel.
so if you can do this with stock stuff,what do you suppose happens when you add injectors or ip's tuned to deliver more fuel does?
it's pointless to over fuel.it leads to engine failure and contrary to popular belief,doesn't improve performance,it reduces it and will be less responsive.
if your looking to keep your idi stock,and run a bolt on turbo kit,all you want is a quality reman turbo ip and good injectors.
i recently installed brand new G codes and she's never run so good.to be fair,iv only run worn out factory '93 E codes,and reman BB's.
it's most likely,had i went with new of either of those,id be just as pleased,but i wanted to check out what oem had to offer since i installed a banks turbo.pretty impressive i must say.
grab yourself a good used turbo,a turbo ip,a set of new injectors,set the fuel to get 10 psi boost wot/under load,then set the timing to 8 or 8.5 BTDC and i can promise you,you'd think you just set a brand new engine under the hood.go from there if you want,but you'll be smiles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online