7.3 idi bigger injectors???

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of right now, you can get Moose Misters from Mel aka Agnem here or you can get some from NMB2 over at PSN. You would have to specify performance injectors with NMB2 cus he also setups stock rebuilds iirc. Typ4 also sells bb code injectors as well, which came stock during certain years the idi was produced.

What type of power levels are you looking for out of your idi out of curiosity? Do you also have the other necessary mods that go along with bigger injectors, such as egt and boost gauges? And do you have a turbo as well? Also any other mods you plan to do on top of bigger injectors to enhance there purpose even more?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually just read your sig. You definitely will need a turbo with more fuel... If not, at least gauges so you don't melt it down. I still highly recommend the turbo though. Its the best bang for the buck powerwise.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually just read your sig. You definitely will need a turbo with more fuel... If not, at least gauges so you don't melt it down. I still highly recommend the turbo though. Its the best bang for the buck powerwise.

He always needs to search ;Really

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There are three choices for a turbo builder... Banks... ATS or Hypermax. Then you get into either wastegated or non wastegated. Then you need to find either new or used. Most know the Banks wastegated turbo is the most complete kit available on the market. Its a Mistubishi turbo and Banks does not sell any rebuild parts for it. You need to find them on your own most of the time. Some shops have hot side fans and the shaft but even those can be aftermarket parts. So be careful when you buy. Asking questions may tell you what you need to know but the seller can lie too. Typ4 rebuilds turbos and does a great upgrade if thats what you want. I like how the Banks kit fits together on the engine and exhaust. There is no slip fit exhaust issues like is found on other trubos. Thats something you can read up on by searching this forum. Even that joint can be fixed so there is no leaks.

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does ats still make a turbo kit for idi's ? I thought they ended it in 2010..... due to backorders....If they still produce a kit is it an 093 turbo?

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ken at DPS sells those an there not good from what I've heard an what I've seen there very poor quality. Check the hall of shame he's in there.

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the site? Here on this site we only suggest parts from Known good parts providers..... Do some searching before buying any socalled performance injectors. Before you can throw more fuel at your engine you need a turbo and a pyro or you will be rebuilding your melted down pile verry soon.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what turbo do u think is the best deal for the money?
The best one you can afford...a completely new kit...a custom built kit...a used kit or parts and hobble yer own together...but get the best you can afford!

how much are we talking for a good turbo?
Good used kits frequently go from 750 up some more sometimes less...all condition based...

I just may have a complete...and I mean complete ATS 088 non waste gated kit for sale, I'm on the fence right now on selling it....just saying...they do come up..check the market place....etc...and ya research the hall of shame...read the FAQ's and tech articles too..helps you understand more about these trucks...there is lots of info here and other sites too...some good some bad, though I feel this is the best site...

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pps,
Have you turned up your fuel pump? The pump controls the amount of fuel. I would suspect the injectors are not the limiting factor on your engine. It seems counter productive to put "bigger" injectors in without the fuel and air to use them.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i havnt turned it up yet i was wonfer if bigger injectors would add power.. i read about moose misters, where can i get a set of these ..... how much would they cost