7.3 dies! help!

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i know but the reason i changed the other parts was becasue it started as an intermitent problem. it would run fine for a mile or two then die. Anyway yesterday the new pump only a week old **** out again! Left me on the side of the road in a not so good mood.-cuss All that was in the tank was diesel;Sweet. while i was driving the same thing happened as did you i got the filter light under acceleration, then it would flicker with the rpms for a while then steady on and the truck slowly died and before long it sounded like a prius rolling down the road:cry:. this is way more indicative of a pump failure because she wouldnt start again like last time. Got towed home by a buddy;burnout and changed out the pump which was replaced under warrenty and shes running great now. Mine has always made a vaccum in the front tank only though. i wonder if my pump has been on its way out for a while?? Also the pump brand is Precision by Oriellys has anyone had bad luck like this and them only lasting a week? well im getting pretty proficient at removing and installing the pump and filter bowl haha.:rotflmao

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i am still having issues so im reviving this thread and hopefully see if it helps. truck just died on me again! it almost didnt get me home the other day so i didnt drive it the rest of the week. today i dropped the rear tank and everything looks fine in it. just deisel with a tinge from the oil i previously ran. and some junk on the screen and bypass that looked like snot. cleaned it up and got it back together and ran around the block everything ran fine but i got a fuel filter light and she started to stutter and i pretty much coasted into the driveway. pulled out the filter and it was covered with the same crap that looked like snot i wonder if i got bad fuel?? replaced that and got to the end of the road before she died. pulled the filter out and the bowl was still empty from draining it when i replaced the filter!! another pump seriously! i cranked and cranked until the batteries died and still did not fill the bowl. tomorrow after work i will be returning this pos precision pump and ordering a carter. i think 99% of my issues are just the pumps being garbage. i have not been running anything but D2 in the truck since the issues started. i have heard old deisel can grow algea do any of yall know if thats true and what does it look like?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Not necessarily old diesel per say, but the algae will grow grow and grow.
Only way to get rid of it is a good biocide. Be ready to plug some filters, I would grab 5 or so to keep in the truck.
Also check again to make sure the lines are clear. I would blow from the front somewhere.
Does it make a clatter noise when the light comes on and you try accelerating?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no clatter but sounds like its dropping cylinders one at a time and sounds like a stick shift truck if you were to leave the clutch in and hit the brakes to a stop. but could the algae be causing the pump failures? if i werent selling the truck after i get it running id buy a nice electric fuel system but im just trying to get it running to sell it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I don't think it would cause the pumps to keep going out.
Probably just the cheap pump.

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well just yanked the precision pump and researching who carries carter. once its installed its going up on craigslist haha anyone interested?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
One makes the other. I think carter makes Airtex.
Of course I don't run that crap fuel, but mines been on for a year or so now.

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just picked up an airtex from advanced gonna throw it on tomorrow and see how long it lasts haha by the way ever since my issues ive been running just D2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online