7.3 dies! help!

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i burn wmo so the fuel is black and filter pretty much the same. i know the filter will not cause the light but my check engine light apears only with a heavy foot and now it will not stay running long enough to throw the light and even if it was it was not consistently throwing the engine light. ill have a look at the ipr tonight after work.

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also an idea that may lead to the culprit as i am no expert on this engine but trying to learn. I have the 10k mod installed. now when the check engine light does pop on the engine acts as if that mod is not even there so it basically gets more sluggish from a standstill and makes no difference weather or not the mod is hooked up. i have it on a switch in the cab. but i have since fully unhooked this mod to see if maybe that was the problem but it made no changes. could that icp sensor possibly be shot?

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How well are you filtering the wmo?

If the ipr and wiring checks out,pop the valve cover connectors and see if you have any burnt pins.

If the VC harnesses check out.pop the VCs off,start it and check for oil bubbling up from the base of the injectors.

Check the ICP sensor for oil in the connector.if oil is present replace it,

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fuel filter light iluminates when engine is off too which could be a short somewhere. where exactly is that sensor at that turns the light on?

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ao i got a new fuel filter and new cps no luck. i started it and it ran so i could pull it to the garage and then after about 3 minutes same symptoms almost felt like it was losing cylinders one at a time. took the fuel bowl out cleaned it up on the inside because it had some residual junk from wmo. im going to pull the ipr out today and clean it up i just needed to get my hands on a 1 1/8" deep well. im basically just cleaning up everything and going to reassemble it and see how it goes. i also unplugged the ipr sensor and no luck. any ore ideas would be great thank yall!;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get an oring kit for the ipr when you pull it.dont reuse the old ones.

Id pull the valve covers and look for signs of bad injector orings and wiring harnesses.

mudslut350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok after searching for and failing at finding a socket to fit, a little persuasion with a hammer and chisel i got the ipr out and a new one on order. is there any sure fire way to test or find out if it is the problem? looking at it it looks fine to me. also it drained a good bit of oil out of the hpop will that need to be primed in any way or will it pump up itself without risk of damage?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7