6.9 head gasket kit part numbers.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
No fun, no fun at all but it's apart...I will either be reassembling it tommorow night or prepping a 7.3 as it sounds like we are to get 12"+ of snow on Wednesday.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
try doing that when the truck's headlights/hood line are that my nose level... I deflated the front tires and still used a forklift to get the motor out of my truck, yet alone think about trying to pull the heads off. Yuck.

Either your truck is on 44's, or you only come upto my chin :rotflmao...sorry I had to ;Poke. No harm meant.

If we had of pulled this motor, the ON:Y benefit would have been "modifying" those head bolts to get the broken ones out.

I hear we are supposed to get a couple snow fall events between now and wednesday......:puke::frustrate....DAMMIT!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Yep, snow is comin' - no time to waste....I will have my answer tommorow morning once Dad calls around looking for parts for me...Fix the 6.9 or bail at lunch time and start prepping a 7.3 - probably use yours if it bars over ok....I think my spare might be missing 2 or 3 headbolts....I suppose I could rob some from the 7.3 still under the hood of the cube.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I never had any problems getting the bolts out:dunno i got a ton of 6.9 bolts laying here in a pile, also 7.3 bolts wont work

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yeah, that's my issues....three 7.3's for parts but not one damn 6.9...LOL

i could send you a pile of bolts along with some gasketsLOL use the head gaskets on the 6.9 save the main seal and the other stuff for your 7.3LOL

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
If I can get gaskets by Tuesday AM at the latest I can get some grade 8 bolts from Transworld to use - I would need to buy about 8 of them....I have the block and heads all cleaned and ready....Basically just have to wipe everything down and assemble - IF we get some gaskets....LOL...I had 2 broken bolts to remove and I got them out too....Time for a shower and a snooze.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Either your truck is on 44's, or you only come upto my chin :rotflmao...sorry I had to ;Poke. No harm meant.

If we had of pulled this motor, the ON:Y benefit would have been "modifying" those head bolts to get the broken ones out.

I hear we are supposed to get a couple snow fall events between now and wednesday......:puke::frustrate....DAMMIT!

heres me and the truck when it was still 2wd and on 33's. The 4wd swap lifted it 3in.
You must be registered for see images attach

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I can get gaskets by Tuesday AM at the latest I can get some grade 8 bolts from Transworld to use - I would need to buy about 8 of them....I have the block and heads all cleaned and ready....Basically just have to wipe everything down and assemble - IF we get some gaskets....LOL...I had 2 broken bolts to remove and I got them out too....Time for a shower and a snooze.
I too have a set of 6.9 bolts after my stud swap, just let me know. If they were that hard to get out, I'd chase those threads with a bottoming tap. I'd put a healthy dose of copper based anti-sieze on those threads on reassembly.

heres me and the truck when it was still 2wd and on 33's. The 4wd swap lifted it 3in.
You must be registered for see images attach
The truck look good at that height. Anymore photos?

Heath

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
No need for head bolts, we swapped my GP's, fuel system and oil pan onto Goofy's spare 7.3 and stuck in in the hole tonight.....The 6.9 was out at 5pm and the 7.3 was dressed and set in at midnight....Just needs to be hooked up tommorow night. No parts anywhere today for the 6.9....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... No gaskets or parts available.... That sure suxs big... Well... atleast you know plenty of members here have what you need.... Another reason this site is the best... glad your ready for the snow.... almost.....:thumbsup:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
atleast your bolts broke at the top. i had one break flush with the block on the motor i am building. still fighting it. drilled down threw it, been soaking with kroil for a few days now. rusted in there.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
GOOFY you are a really good guy! you gave me a controller, and you just gave your buddy a whole engine! too bad everyone in the world aint like you;Sweet

You always bust your ass to helo people get on there feet i bow to you sir:hail