5 inch warship shells for stacks for my tribute truck

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got those two from out last shoot, hasn't decided if I will go single into dual or just one stack off the left, they stand about 3 foot tall

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 164

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok see, now this is of all things IMHO an OK idea for a stack..I can handle that and even support the idea and that says a lot coming from a guy who despises stacks!

NICE and keep us informed with pics...could you get them mitre cut?

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I really don't want duals, one being I'm investing in turbo and two I think dual stacks are over rated everyone and there brothers have them specially fords, mine, they got that natural burnt look from a 5 inch round and the paint and she'll itself is already heat treated so all I got to look for is rust and try and find I guess greenish hi temp paint to keep the appearance eventually due to weather and diving they might go high temp black but I got a couple more to save for my "tribute run" supporting military, I just took pictures of before/now pictures and going to give my actual final say in what's happening, one more thing I noticed the owner left the lift pump in the truck and still connected with my electrical pump, the eletric pump he install is those green diesels one from advance/autozone/ oriellys you buy off the self, so with that being said with that 60$ pump be enough without the lift pump or keep it install intell I buy a better one that maybe pulls fuel instead of pushes like I got?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Those pumps will work.
Most here don't like them.

But definitely bypass the mechanical pump.

I had planned on a single stack, but got duals for free. Definitely have grown on me.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'll do that then tommorow, I
Love duals becuase of all he pitters, and Kenny's tractors having them but single stacking is cheaper ( child support makes you humble on spending money) I
Got all the tools just those extras elbows and extra piping dictates that or food lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If you do it right the first time and go single into dual, you won't have any problems once you turbo.
But if you run true dual, you'll have problems.
If you need any pics, let me know.

Be cool if you could use the primer side up top for flappers.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about that 79jasper? If I'm going for the stright pipe stack look flappers are in stock, just to prevent rain rusting out my exuast when it's not running, the only crap part about those shells is drilling that 3" hole or bigger is going to be a PITA. Where that firing pin is at that metal is pretty thick and heat treated so I'll be cutting with tap oil for a good while

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id do two just because but on the same side, itd be different pulling more attention to the topic

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ship are you on? Got a few of those myself but never thought of stacks - not a bad idea.

I think they're slightly tapered though - not sure it's a straight 5". Also cut about 1-2" up from the base to make sure you get the entire base casting. The base makes a nice ash/stuff tray if you can put it in a lathe and clean it up some.

Not sure on the material - maybe stainless of some sort? It's not brass and doesn't rust like steel. Not sure they'd use something as expensive as stainless though.

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
88beast you mean like...I guess parallel to each other dual stacks? And I'm using my iPhone laptop took a crap so for all the reply without acknowledging names, my ship is USD NORMANDY CG-60 out of Norfolk naval station, and I was wondering what I could use that base of the shell for and I smoke and dip so that might be my ash try/dip tray for my new garage :) but there not taper like what we use in our hunting rifles, I took a leveler to them after I read your post, but stacks witch I thought would be easy is hard thanks to y'all ideas a&@ holes lol, anyways I'm keeping my engine capartment out of public view for best for last if anyone remembers I didn't know much about diesel engines for trucks but in use what I know for gas turbines and general engineering to work so wait on that but for now I got current pictures and I will be doing enjoy:)

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if you cut the base/ pimer side real colse to the lip, drilled a 3/8 hole through the primers and bolted it to the top of a flapper so it looked like the shells were pointed down while it was shut off? I'm not sure if it would work not knowing the weight of the base

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7