460 EFI???

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
I looking at a 1991 460 to swap into my M715,because I can't find a diesel to put in.I have a few questions.
Does anyone make wiring harness for the Ford EFI or do I have do go custom?
A costom wiring is something I can't do on my own.I have done wiring, but it has been with a aftermarket harness.
Any help will be very welcome.

Last edited:

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a complete wiring harness and computer from a 92 460. i even have the complete intake manifold as well.

tknomaj

Reaction score
Ford engine harness for the most part are stand alone. And can easily be put in other vehicles. Just get wiring diagram and connect the dots so to speak for power and ground the rest is plug and play. I have the number for a guy here in socal who will build you a harness for anything but not cheap. Doing a ford is way easier than a chevrolet harness . IMHO have done both

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What they both said, fords are easier, I do GM conversions and they are a pain unless you know themwell, ford is real simple.

dieselM715

Feep builder
Reaction score
The engine I'm looking at is still in the truck and is complete.(just missing the alternator)
But now i have a choice to make.I just found a truck with a 7.3 in it for $700 bucks.
Dose the computer make a differance if the truck have a auto or manual transmission?
The one I'm looking at has a auto with and I want run a manual
Thanks for your input

Last edited: