4" lift and ride question

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brian's thread about front springs sagging and some earlier post has got me thinking about the how little travel these trucks have and how bad they ride. Thinking about a 4" lift and possibly replace the helper spring with airbags.

For those of you that have lift kits, does the extra travel seem to help with the ride? How much stability did you lose both empty and trailering?

Yes, I do try to drive mine like a sport car at times, a really big sport car. Also, being able to dodge idots while pulling a loaded trailer is a concern.

Last edited:

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine reads more firm and solid than it did when I had it stock. Now granted, the springs were probably a little wore out when I got it. I like how firm it rides now, no sway and handles weight real nice. Scotty

94_7.3turbo

diesel power
Reaction score
i have a 3" suspension lift under mine and it rides more firm also, and it feels more stable i like the ride much better than stock, and the look:)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second that the ride is firmer. A LOT firmer. Of course, with 7 leaves up front, how could it not be firm. Handling is never an issue as long as you drive it like 3+ ton vehicle it is.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'm checking in with a 2" lift & a set of front airbags. The ride is much firmer than stock w/ the bags empty, & untolerable if they are pumped with no weight on them. 1" blocks in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online