3-way and 1-way plastic caps for the return line

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if any other model have ever used those, but my factory turbo has them and maybe some other turbo's has them too. It seems that the 3-way and 1-way plastic caps are very hard to find nowadays, because the model wasn't in production for a long time. i was doing some research and found a place who sells them. So for all the factory turbo guys out there, if you have trouble of finding go to following web site and you'll get them. I ordered them from him and they were shipped very fast, so in my case i can recommend him.

Link:
Dieselmann's Web page, maybe some of you have visited there already...

You must be registered for see images attach

- kpj

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dead end or "1 way" caps come with the Dapco installation kits I carry. The 3 way on the other hand, is indeed rare. However, I advocate moving the crossover line to the very front anyway, so they are not needed if you are willing to re-architect your returns.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can still get these through Ford as well.

The 3-way tee is
f3tz9a564b $3.93

The 1-way is
f3tz9a564a $2.95

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its just as Mel states. The return line should be at the end of a line and not in the center section. That way the trapped air has only onw direction to flow...

kpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's something i didn't knew, that Ford still has them, but that's because the local Ford dealer sells parts only for european Fords. I'll might change someday how the return lines goes, but for now they can stay that way as they have been like that for years.

Feed Bunk

Cow hand
Reaction score
My ford dealer couldnt get the three way, my injection man couldnt either, so he kinda did what mel was talking about. Is it any wonder people look at me funny when I say its a factory turbo

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I thought about putting those things on, but finally figured they just weren't needed.
on my 088 ats system, it came with a heat shield and instructions to keep everything where it is. Not to be satisfied with that I put it all in firesleeve under the heat shield, but it all still runs under the turbo just fine

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you put it on the front on a 7.3 turbo? The Filter return and IP return are in the front on each side. I've thought about doing it to eliminate the T fittings but I will just have to "T" into one of the return lines.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your local Ford Dealer does not have them try one of the online ford parts websites, like www.tituswillfordparts.com

I have ordered a lot of parts from them over the years because they are cheaper than my local dealer. There are others as well but I cannot vouch for them.

If you know your part numbers you can just type them in and get your price and order them that way. Some items can be found by looking up the vehicle.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
The ends of my lines (by the firewall) both are "L" shaped and each line attaches to the metal return line that runs to the front of the engine and then has a rubber hose that connects to the top of the IP. The fuel filter housing has a rubber line that connects to the cap on the front injector on the passenger side.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you put it on the front on a 7.3 turbo? The Filter return and IP return are in the front on each side. I've thought about doing it to eliminate the T fittings but I will just have to "T" into one of the return lines.

What I do is use a streight through instead of an L shaped cap on the #1 and #2 injectors, and run a hose from the forward nipple of #1 around to the IP gear housing, across the top of the IP where it mounts to the gear tower flange, and then over to #2. You can use the L shaped caps, but the routing is neater if you use a streight through. You can also just go under the IP, but I like to keep the hose where I can see it. That way, if it rubs through and leaks from vibration or something, I have a better idea of where that fuel is coming from.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel I dont understand what your saying, are you putting a "T" fitting in the cross over line? On the factory turbo theres already an L shape cap on both front injectors, passenger side goes to the filter and driver side goes to the IP.
I never have liked where the factory runs the crossover, but its never leaked there...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. The return starts with #7, which features a dead end cap. The line then goes to #5, then #3, then #1. Between #1 and #3, there is a plastic hose T from which the fuel filter would come down to connect. Onward from #1 then, across the IP/Gear housing area, to arrive at #2, then on to #4, #6 and #8. #8 has an L cap, and connects to the return line manifold at the rear of the engine. The IP returns directly to this manifold also.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I understand now, So you are putting a "T" fitting into a line somewhere, I was trying to picture it without any and couldnt see a way it would work. I'm gonna get some hose today and replace all my o-rings with Viton ones, I've been waiting on this project until I get my new injectors made but I'm running out of time! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle