2016 MOB Oilburners IDI rally.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're probably going to arrive on the 4th and leave on the 9th. It's going to be a two day trip for us coming and going. Likely heading north and then east to try and avoid the mountains of West Virginia and Maryland.

Not sure what I'll be driving either. I may be in the 6.9 crew cab, I may be in a 6.7 F450. Depends on when Ford stops taking orders for 2016's. The 2017's won't be available until late 2016 (after the rally). I'll likely miss the cut off to order what I want in a 2016.... so waiting for a 2017 is likely going to be my only option. LOL

But, hauling the camper with the 6.9 and having so many tire issues with the fifth wheel makes me nervous about the big trip to PA.

Heath

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
Not exactly sure of my days. The kids really want to come so we will be there sometime. I went and bought a pop up earlier in November but it needs some love. Hoping to have it done and take to the rally. Tow vehicle is a concern. The GC needs some love also. Was planning to trade her Jeep and mine on a 350 of some engine variation but I went and proposed ;Really :dunno so we have some upcoming wedding bills! -cuss

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure of my days. The kids really want to come so we will be there sometime. I went and bought a pop up earlier in November but it needs some love. Hoping to have it done and take to the rally. Tow vehicle is a concern. The GC needs some love also. Was planning to trade her Jeep and mine on a 350 of some engine variation but I went and proposed ;Really :dunno so we have some upcoming wedding bills! -cuss

My condolences...oh.. .uh no congrats!....

What could say I love you more than a shiny truck in the driveway!

A friend of mine in college when she got engaged, instead of buying an expensive ring, they got each other mountain bikes. I thought it was a very practical way of handling the situation.

As for the rally situation for me, I am planning to be there even if it's just a day trip up. Hopefully the truck will be road worthy by then. Fingers crossed.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I am glad to see some people already signing up. Good to hear from you again to Joe. O and congratulations, marriage is great when you find the right women. I don't regret marrying my wife at all.

I feel your pain Heath with the 2 day trip. That is what we have been doing for the past few years ourselves hiking out west. I don't think tires should be to big of a problem for you either after your upgrade.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live so close to this area, so I will definitely be there in some way shape or form. Still have to decide how I'd like to use my vacation time next year so not going to put in reservations yet for anything, but I will have to minimally stop by a night or two during my days off if nothing else. Never had western pa be a perk for doing anything geographically in my life before lol..

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you don't mind Jared, I can post some of the 2016 rally info on the face book page for the 2015 rally. I never deleted it and people still like the page.

subway

Reaction score
Sure go for it, spread the word!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be there at some point. Again, don't know what I will be driving, or when/how long I will be there yet.

subway

Reaction score
If people are interested I highly suggest that you put your reservation in. We have had a couple sign up and I know some procrastinate but reserving a spot helps keep them open for everyone else. The campground is willing to hold spots but if they don't start filling they might start releasing them.

Spring is just around the corner, I can't wait!

pwrfool

Reaction score
the Flight 93 Memorial is referenced in the original post. Yes it is free. There is also the Que Creek mine rescue site just down the road from the Flight 93 Memorial. It is also free. I have been to that campground many times, it's one of my wife's favorites and we only live about 30 min away. Hopefully I can stop by and visit!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Lori is checking her work schedule but looks like we will plan on be arriving on Tuesday July 5th, and staying till Saturday the 9th. Should be making our reservations as early as tomorrow. Will keep ya posted when reservations are made,.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will anyone be up Friday the 1st? I have to be home for the weekend of the 8th.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got site #408 from 4th to the 8th. She urges people to call in for their sites as the deadline to hold the sites is nearing :)

The weekend before is booked solid so I'll be there Monday. I'm going to try to hold out the week, but I might be on my own with the two kids (ages 2 and 4) so we shall see haha.

Also anyone else have kayaks/canoes? I have canoes, might be fun on the little lakes if allowed?

pafixitman

Reaction score
It's official for me. Arrive the 7th and depart on the 10th. I wanted to get there earlier in the week, but with work and negotiating with Stephanie for the kids.... I'm in 407

No kayak or canoe for me but Erica bought bikes last week for us. Nicole and Doug already have bikes and I have a hitch mounted rack, just need a hitch on the pop-up!

Wow, my camper to-do list is getting longer...not to mention I lost all of the little items related to camping (oh, and a big item - the 5'r) in the divorce. Plan on hitting up some yard sales this spring for utensils and crap.