2013 IDI WEEKEND

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Made a run out to the train depot today and locked in our group for the train ride down to Metamora. More information will follow here later on tonight or tomorrow morning after I put it into a logical order.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok updated information....

Sunday June 30th Train Ride to and from Metamora

White Water Valley Railroad Depot
Connersville, Indiana. 47331

Depart on train at Noon for Metamora
Arrive at Metamora at around 1:20pm
2 hours to explore the historical town.
We will be taking a boat ride on a horse drawn canal boat where the captain will explain the history of the canal system and it's importance to the area in the days before rail service and semi truck service. We will also be visiting the grist mill. The town is filled with historical buildings and shops (it's a tourist town).
We board the train at around 3:30pm for the train ride back to Connersville, Indiana.
Should arrive back in Connersville at 4:40pm then we will convoy back to the Campground.

It is recommended that we either pack a lunch to eat on the train or I have scored a deal with a local eatery in Connersville for us to pick up a to go lunch. One thing is there is NO GLASS ALLOWED on the train - this is because the floor of the train is concrete and glass shatters..

Pricing....

Train ride - $18 for adults - $12 for 2-12 year olds. We have scored a 10% discount on our ticket prices but YOU NEED TO CALL and make your own reservations to recieve this discount!!!! We need to make a 10% over the phone payment to receive the discount. So for example you will call and make a payment over the phone for $1.80 for one adult ticket and $1.20 for a child ticket.

Contact information:

Becky Hunter 765-825-2054
Becky is our contact just tell her you are with the OILBURNERS Diesel Group and she will take it from there.

The balance of the payment is due upon arrival at the depot before we depart. So we will arrive at the depot early so that we can get everyone processed through.

Canal Boat ride information:

Pricing $5 for adults 13 and older / $4 for seniors (60+) / $2.50 for 12 and under.

If you choose to just buy a lunch and eat it on the train then Lee's Famous Chicken is for you.

Here is the menu items they have discounted for our group - Just remember to tell them when placing your order that you are with the Oilburners Diesel Group.

Best Deal: 2 Strip Combo includes one side, biscuit and drink $4.29

Other options at $5.50

Include one side, biscuit and drink

#1 Combo 2pc leg thigh
#2 Combo ****** Meal
#4 Combo 3 Wing Meal
#5 Combo 3 Strips
#7 Combo Livers or Gizzards

Please have your members tell them they are with the Oil Burners to receive this special price.

Contact person with Lee's is :
Barbara Young
District Manager/Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sounds like an awesome day Travis. Will talk to Missy and see what she wants to do as far as food.

Heath

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! Im new here and i'm here to say hi! I just recently purchased a 1993 F250 extended cab with the 7.3 IDI. Ive seen what y'all do with this weekend and i'd figure I would join in. So you can count me in as one adult if I can be considered that and possibly two of my friends. Cant wait!

Cheers!
Nick

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Nick! I sent ya a PM with some information. Looking forward to meeting you! Again it's a ton of fun at these rallies.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear from Elijah (elijahdiesel) or his Dad. He's the guy with the awesome black crewcab dually with the flatbed from last year's rally.

Was hoping they could make the trip again this summer.

Heath

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Anyone hear from Elijah (elijahdiesel) or his Dad. He's the guy with the awesome black crewcab dually with the flatbed from last year's rally.

Heath

That would be this truck: I should be able to get ahold of him,..

Attachments

• Elijas Truck.jpg
    Elijas Truck.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 60

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score

Heath

Been chatting with John on Facebook and he said Elijah can't wait to hit the road to be rally bound. ;Sweet

In me best Ahnuld voice. They'll be back!

Sounds like he's got a Banks system setting on top of that monster now too.:sly

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. They were a cool surprise at your rally Ron. Good guys for sure and a really cool bricknose.

Heath

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ron,

Tell him to get in touch with me either here - Facebook or give him my cell number to call me. I don't have him down on my paper work. I would love to get another eye on his rig - it was beautiful.

Another update....

The other day Sherman and I ran over to see about putting the finals on the 500 track Museum and the Childrens Museum. and I have the information just need to put it together in a format that will be easy to understand - Like directions traffic around the track and children's museum can be hairy at times. I still need to run our route a few more times to make sure it will work for us. I want it to be an easy drive that anyone can follow.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
travis call me sometime i can help with traffic around there since i drive around indy all day long for work

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Will do Travis.
i also got a call from Justin Klipa, the owner of the brick nose dump truck I restored last summer from PA and he's been given the information for the rally as he's wanting to make a a trip over as well hearing about us. This is the truck that my parents delivered out to him late last summer. :D