2011 IDI Weekend

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i am pretty much packed up, gota wait for the big truck to dry then quick wash windows on both trucks and load up the big truck and tie it down. hopefully leaving 9ish am

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Leaving Friday morning, hope to be there shortly after lunch.
So what is the story of I83/ I 83 north? Its the fastest way for me, IF its working. I have alternate routes available if the Interstates are busted.
How much of a delay is there coming thru Harrisburg?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Leaving Friday morning, hope to be there shortly after lunch.
So what is the story of I83/ I 83 north? Its the fastest way for me, IF its working. I have alternate routes available if the Interstates are busted.
How much of a delay is there coming thru Harrisburg?

83 coming into Harrisburg can back up pretty bad in the morning. this is getting coupled with the lane shift tight cattle chutes they set up. for about 4 miles it is a concrete barrier on either side with just enough room to get through if you get beside a 18 wheeler. its right where interstate 76 crosses 83. every on ramp in that area is now a stop sign to get on and there was a rash of accidents when they first set up:rolleyes:

if you are passing through past rush hour time it shouldn't be to bad traffic wise.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
83 coming into Harrisburg can back up pretty bad in the morning. this is getting coupled with the lane shift tight cattle chutes they set up. for about 4 miles it is a concrete barrier on either side with just enough room to get through if you get beside a 18 wheeler. its right where interstate 76 crosses 83. every on ramp in that area is now a stop sign to get on and there was a rash of accidents when they first set up:rolleyes:

if you are passing through past rush hour time it shouldn't be to bad traffic wise.

If I traverse the area around 11 am, I should be OK, then?

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Almost packed, baking brownies for the pot luck. Kids here at 7:30 am to pack up camper. Should be there by noontime!!! See everyone soon!!!!!

John

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Lori and I hope you all have a safe trip and a memorable time at the Rally. We are bummed that we will miss out seeing everyone and all of the festivities. Praying for safe travels for everyone as well.

We are taking our bike for a trip up north for a couple of days.

Have fun all!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
My ****** dog chased the Dog catcher away at about 11am. Safe and uneventful travels for everyone.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Fowlers arrived.
That mess on I83 and I81 around Harrisburg was ridiculous. Stopped traffic from 2 miles before exit 40B on NB I83, then stop and slow to about 5 miles up I81. Never saw any reason for the slowdown---frustrating.
anyway, we are here.
Beautiful campground; Mel picked a winner!!
Got everything unpacked and set up, now nap time until the Yeungling crew returns.

Lady_Dsl_Shine

Reaction score
Lori and I hope you all have a safe trip and a memorable time at the Rally. We are bummed that we will miss out seeing everyone and all of the festivities. Praying for safe travels for everyone as well.

We are taking our bike for a trip up north for a couple of days.

Have fun all!

Same goes for the Perry's, missing everyone lots and lots, but hoping you all have a safe and great time! ;Sweet

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
making a list and checking it twice. Heading out in the morning, heard the weather is gonna be real nice:sly Goose and his crew are heading out in the morning, heading for the 10th idi rally should be anything but boring. Can't wait to get there and set up our tent, sit down buy the campfire and tell everybody how my day went. Have a few beers and turn in for the night, meeting new friends surely will be a delight. Can't wait for Sunday's pot luck dinner, Man I don't think this trips gonna make me any thinner. This weekend will surely go by before you even get to blink your eyes, think we're all in for some bittersweet goodbyes.;Sweet

See yall tomorrow;Really its gonna be a blast:yell::thumbsup: