1994 "K" idi turbo air box

oilburners

Reaction score
Does anyone sell a cold air intake kit so I can PERMANENTLY remove this P.O.S. factory air intake setup? It's in the way of everything and miserable to reinstall. All the studs pulled out of the aluminum and the "replace filter" indicator trips with a new filter in it.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Does anyone sell a cold air intake kit so I can PERMANENTLY remove this P.O.S. factory air intake setup? It's in the way of everything and miserable to reinstall. All the studs pulled out of the aluminum and the "replace filter" indicator trips with a new filter in it.

helicoil the old holes--with red loctite around them--go get some gr 8 1/4 crse thread bolts,,with long thread. cut them to needed length---put a small drop of blue loctite on bolt when you turn them in,,,,apply nut and washer--end of problem,,been there

oilburners

Reaction score
The paper is restrictive, the intake tube is restrictive, it sucks to put back on the turbo.
I wish someone would make a bolt on replacement even if it requires a hole in the hood.

tknomaj

Reaction score
The factory box works great just get a AFE Dry Filter. Repair Your box and HyperMax cold air cowl induction kit and You will be fine. All a tube kit will get you is noise and hot air from under hood. Then You want to compress it and with no intercooler? How high are You trying to make Your EGT'S:eek: Cold Air into Turbo = Lower EGT;Sweet

oilburners

Reaction score
AFE? never heard of them, and I didn't know anyone made a cowl kit - do you have a link for either of these products? And the tube setup - I want one that goes under the Radiator and then up high behind the grill. I would never use under the hood air - way too hot.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
AFE? never heard of them, and I didn't know anyone made a cowl kit - do you have a link for either of these products? And the tube setup - I want one that goes under the Radiator and then up high behind the grill. I would never use under the hood air - way too hot.

AFE has the air filter. hypermax makes a cold air intake