1991IDI Secret Project.....

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3. i would love to see more pics of the suspension and air system, i'm thinking about reworking mine.

Lately its been bodywork only, so there arent really any interesting pictures. Its in first coat of primer for block sanding, but i have been helping my brother with his project truck (also idi powered) and likely will be doing that for a few weeks yet.
What kind of suspesion pictures are you after?

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
Lately its been bodywork only, so there arent really any interesting pictures. Its in first coat of primer for block sanding, but i have been helping my brother with his project truck (also idi powered) and likely will be doing that for a few weeks yet.
What kind of suspesion pictures are you after?

:popcorn body work pic's are alway's good to ;Sweet

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
(flame suit on) I can't beleive no one else said it but that thing is screaming for a dt466. Wicked cool any how I would love to have time to do a project like that long and low but the problem is I can't see myself with out 4x4 so that makes it a little harder to go low.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
(flame suit on) I can't beleive no one else said it but that thing is screaming for a dt466. Wicked cool any how I would love to have time to do a project like that long and low but the problem is I can't see myself with out 4x4 so that makes it a little harder to go low.

I'd like to see you tackle something like this as well! I'm close enough I could see it in person! :)

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I actually want to see a video of the cavalier running...maybe I DO have a problem as my wife suggests.

SWS

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually want to see a video of the cavalier running...maybe I DO have a problem as my wife suggests.

SWS

I only have video of initial startup from a year and a half ago. Was going to do a good video of it this year but didnt really drive it much and never had a chance with a good video camera- on the to do list for the coming season.
The only way to describe it is a slightly quieter version of a top fuel dragster :sly No mufflers, 3" pipe and resonators- it sounds incredible on hard throttle (although it can get scary at times ;) )

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill take one please in gloss black with yellow flames up the hood and some 22.5" alcoas :D

24.5s (milled to 24s in the rear) 22.5s (milled to 22s for the front)

You must be registered for see images attach

Couple shop pictures

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
24.5s (milled to 24s in the rear) 22.5s (milled to 22s for the front)

Couple shop pictures

:eek::eek::hail:hail

swampdigger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unbelievable! Any pics of your exhaust manifold rework?

I'm dying to know how that TP38(?) turbo works out for you. I'm convinced it's the perfect turbo for these motors, especially factoring in their cost and availability.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Okay....I know the 4.6 in the other pic too. That is a Mark VIII setup. What is that project?

SWS

1991idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay....I know the 4.6 in the other pic too. That is a Mark VIII setup. What is that project?

SWS

That is my brothers show truck project- its a 92 mazdz b2200 (well some of the body is anyway ;) )
It is a 4.6 twin cam from a lincoln markVIII as well as the transmission and parts of the rear suspension/differential. The frame is full custom front to back as well as all the suspension pieces etc. Its all powder coated candy blue and pictures just dont do it justice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online

No members online now.