1991 F350 4x4 +2.5 RSK Bilstein 5100 shocks?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I have everything but the shocks to complete my 2-4x4 conversion with my 2.5" RSK. Been searching for Bilstein 5100's with no luck. will "stock height" shocks work? And has anyone purchased the 5100's for a 4x4 F350? do you have the part numbers, I can't seem to find anything. thanks! ;Sweet

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jon, if you look at the PMF website, they list the Bilstein 5100 model number that they will sell as optional equipment their RSK kits. (Could check the ORU and SKY sites too - I think they all offer Bilsteins). May be the older part numbers so you may have to cross reference to the new part number. When I put my 2" leveling springs on my F350, I ordered out the Bilsteins that PMF recommended with their 2.25" RSK. You can look up the model number on the Bilstein site to see collapsed and extended lengths of the shocks once you have that model number in order to double check before you buy. I didn't buy the shocks from PMF BTW as there are cheaper places to purchase them - just looked at their site to see what they recommended with the 2.25" RSK. I had stock height Bilstein HD (Blue/Yellow) shocks on the front of my truck before the leveling springs, and when I checked lengths, they were too short with the lift. Todd

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
So technically it'll be like a leveling kit if i don't lift the rear end? Was going to use factory blocks in the back until i could afford the lift springs.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is the link to ORU's 2.5" RSK and the recommended Bilstein shocks. http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=18893

This is what I referenced when I was trying to decide which 5100's to purchase (33-185 545). I installed Tuff Country EZ Ride 2" lift front springs in my F350, so figured if these shocks would work with ORU's 2.5" RSK lift, then they would also probably work with my 2" spring lift. I also doubled checked compressed and extended length of these shocks on Blistein's website. I didn't figure extended length would be an issue as I would probably never extend the front axle far enough to extend the shock fully, but I was concerned if the front axle compressed and hit the bumps stops that I would bottom out the shocks. After measuring, and factoring the 2" lift, these shocks looked like they would work. The 33-185 545 shocks are actually for 99-04 Superduty trucks with 4-6" of front end lift and are not "technically" made for our older trucks. I think the mounting bolt sizes are different between the SD's and older trucks. I had some different sleeves on hand to fit the existing mounting bolts and the shock bushing hole, so that worked fine. Otherwise, you could just use bigger diameter bolts and drill the mounting holes on the truck out a little. These 5100's seem to be just a little "softer" than the Bilstein HD's they replaced, but that could be form the new springs too.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Found these numbers last night and ordered them. They were listed on another forum someone did a RSK and said they worked great. Thanks for the info though!

Front 33-185552 / F4-BE5-6248-H5
Rear 33-185569 / F4-BE5-6249-H5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Staff online