1987 FORD MINI SEMI

cbarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I have no idea. I kinda doubt it, but either way that is pretty cool n I would sure like to have my hands on that. First thing I would do is put a turbo in it and then a 4 spd with a gear vendors...

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Not factory, it's a cab and chassis with an aftermarket sleeper , someone wil chime in with the sleeper make Ive seen them before ( Id really love to have one of those sleepers on my CC) but most likely some dealer had a few made up if they were in an area populated by a bunch of hot shotters. They would have sold FAST

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy that truck for the sleeper and consider the rest as a good bonus parts truck.

That style sleeper can easily be converted into a rear seating area that also serves as a sleeper.

I wish there were better pictures of the cab-to-sleeper interface, as in is it a walk-in or a crawl-thru; that would be important to know.

That price would be a bargain even if the engine was missing.

You guys that want such a sleeper will look a long time before finding another that is purely a bolt-on affair for our model trucks.

Somebody had better grab that one.

Where exactly in the United States is it ??

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I have seen a bunch of trucks listed as 1987- all the way to 1990 with slant nose front sheet metal. At first I thought the they were just stupid, but since it has happened, I think it may be a combination of a 1986 cab and chassis being converted and sold in 1987 as stated above. Maybe the 1990 was just a cab transplant.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If my flatbed LTL plans come together, I want to find a F450 rollback. Ditch the bed and hydraulics, add a sleeper, and a fifth wheel.

I'm guessing that is what the builder did. Or it could be a regular cab on a dually chassis.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw one like that here in a walmart parking lot, it looked like a horse trailer rig it was nice it had a 6.9 and a banks kit.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Note , the guy is a dealer, and note the dealer speak " WILL CONSIDER UP TO A $1000.00 VALUE TRAD PLUS CASH" translation : the guy has a grand total of just under a grand in the thing between what he paid at auction, auction fees, transport fees, repairs, DETAIL COSTS ( always the highest expense) so he'll take in trade something that evens his books off the bat plus profit. Its obvious since he hasnt driven the thing.. If you guys knew what that thing probably went for at the dealer auction, ya'll would be crying. I won't give any hints, there are folks out there with weak hearts :eek: :D

tnpete

Reaction score
Wish this one had the pics of the truck.
Wondering if it looks like mine?
1987 F800, 7.8 I6 motor around 10,000 miles on a reman motor, 10 Speed Road Ranger, 60" Standup sleeper crawl in though, 2 stage air ride, 206" Wheel base,11/R24.5 wheels and tires. Truck was ordered as a cab chassis then build buy a company.
You must be registered for see images attach