1985 F250 Turbo IDI SCLB 4x4 ZF5 $5000

Michael Dimock

Reaction score
1985 F250 Turbo IDI SCLB 4x4 ZF5

SOLD!

I'm selling my 1985 F250 4x4 IDI w/ 135K and 3.55 gears. It has a 6.9 w/ an early Banks turbo kit rebuilt by Typ4 and installed about 10k ago. Rebuilt BB code injectors and return lines were installed at the same time. The injection pump was rebuilt at some point by Oregon Fuel Injection before I purchased the truck. 3" down pipe to 4" exhaust. After replacing 3 sets of glow plugs from sticking relays/controllers I bypassed the stock system and installed a push button and haven't had a problem since. Always used Motorcraft/Beru glow plugs. I swapped in a ZF5 speed about 15K ago and installed a new South Bend 13.25 clutch and flywheel. Has 75% 265/75/16 Cooper Discoverer S/T's on factory Ford Alcoa wheels. The interior is very clean, but the door panels need repainting. I made a custom A-pillar pod to house Isspro EV2 pyrometer, boost, and coolant temp gauges. Trans temp and oil pressure are under the dash. Also has a Uniden CB. Behind the front seat is a locking storage box/organizer to hold misc stuff. In the bed there is a custom 80 gallon transfer tank/ tool box setup that I modified to fit the truck. The transfer pump is housed inside the tool box with a welded in divider separating it from the remaining storage. Truck is rust free and fairly straight. Warn winch bumper (no winch) mounted on front w/ lights, but they aren't hooked up. The previous owners wiring was so hack that for the safety of the trucks electrical system I had to remove it... For the bad, the truck needs paint as it is flaking from the hood/roof/upper fenders/doors and 2nd gear is a little finicky getting in to when it is cold. I bought it at 108K and have dumped a ton of $$ and time into it. Always greased ujoints/TRE's at oil changes (just done), changed the trans fluid every year, coolant additives, fuel additives, etc. This truck is/was my baby and has never left me stranded. I have towed many trailers and would drive it anywhere. It may not be the fastest but if it had 2 more doors I wouldn't be selling it. With the turbo and 5 spd I'm getting around 18 to 20 mpg on the hwy and averaging 16 in normal mixed driving. I don't need to sell it and honestly don't want to but picked up a 4 door and need to thin the herd. Don't contact me unless you have cash in hand or can acquire it from a family member/friend/neighbor etc.:D Am open to offers/partial trades but no vehicles.

SOLD!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
that would be an RCLB not SCLB.... (Regular Cab Long Bed)....(Super Cab Long Bed )

Nice truck btw!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online