1984 7.3 powerstroke build

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow I go and pick up an engine hoist because my tractor isn't powerful enough to pick up both the engine and the transmission at the same time

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Personally that's the way I would normally do it, bit since he's swapping the whole enchilada, it'll be easier to get everything set where he needs it the first time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulling the engine I did do it separately but installing them it will be easier to marry the tans and engine out side of the truck than under it with out the transfer case off course

Last edited:

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be watching this. Awesome idea! I have a couple friends that think along the same lines, though they are bricknose fans and wanted to attempt a similar swap. Best of luck and I sincerely hope this ends up working as well as it sounds.

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the weather in Wisconsin has been craxy so i cant do a lot of work with 3 inches of snow

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have this style hose on their truck? How do you remove them?

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
They make a tool that clamps around the line and slides inside the larger fitting to release the lines. Sounds easy right? It usually isn't that easy for me and I've never even seen one that's rusty like yours. First I'd take air and try to blow as much of that crap out as possible. Then I'd squirt some WD-40 or your favorite penetrating oil inside there. It seems to help for me. Sometimes trying to pull the two lines together (front line backwards, rear line forwards) while you're holding the tool inside helps.

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the transmission and transfer case out today and I'm just curious on how this 4x4 works its a hell of a lot different than the 84

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a chain drive, in the transfer case, to engage the front end. There is a planetary gear set for the reduction. Pretty simple.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the way they designed the lever operation is not very good. I had a 97 f350 with a stuck 4x4 lever. you have to move it up and down to change gears and that's the part that stops working. if I recall there is a little tab you can cut off so you can just pull and push it to change gears.

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ground of that pita grove so I can now just push and pull without an issue