1975 GMC Holmes 440 wrecker

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea of what the value of this truck would be? Its a well used 1975 one ton GMC dully wrecke
You must be registered for see images attach
. Its a mechanical boom Holmes 440 with an electric over hydraulic winch. 5 ton cap. The truck is fairly beat up and was just used as a yard truck for the last 10 years. No registration, so the truck is not worth much at all. But how about the Holmes 440 wrecker body? I plan on keeping the truck for yard use, pulling motors etc, but wouldn't mind knowing the value of the vintage deck.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't see the sling assy. i presume it's a complete truck. my first truck was one of those. you have a 79-81 nose on your truck
the square headlights are the giveaway. I had a 454 under my hood. thirsty, but could tow just about anything.
if that was down here in that condition, it would fetch $1500 max.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a shame because those are awesome units 440 might be one of the most popular booms ever. But it's obsolete now. Most of them are sitting in yards not doing anything or they're just yard trucks. I don't see any electric over hydraulic winch on yours. it looks like just the factory PTO winch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score

Sorry, electric clutch, belt driven pump under the hood. In this pic, there is a picture of the pump, at the 11:00 position when looking at the engine from the front. And the sling is sitting under a tree, can hardly see it anymore.

Last edited: