12v Cummins Swap

bigdadydiesel

Reaction score
I got a 94 12v Cummings that i am putting in to my 94 f250 7.3 I need a flywheel. the tranny that comes with is auto 2 wheel drive my truck is 4x4 going to use my zf5. if anyone knows where i can get a flywheel from or has any other advice for me on my swap it would be appreciated. Thanks

jperecko

Diesel Ape
Reaction score
I got all my clutch-related junk from South Bend Clutch and they were very helpful. Everything has installed easy enough so far but no miles on the setup yet.

dukedrummer89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you get a destroked adapter it comes with a pilot bushing so you can use your zf with a 12in dodge clutch... then get a 12in ford clutch and press plate

or you could do what i did, get a 13in 5speed dodge flywheel from southbend,( it has a bearing style pilot bearing machined it to fit the zf input shaft... then run a 94-97 13in southbend psd clutch

the destoked adapter is very nice... ive heard the ford-cummins one isnt plus you have to grind your trans... ive heard the destroked mounts suck, while i got ford-cummins mounts and they are awesome

so, having done this swap myself, id say destroked adapter, fordcummins.com motor mounts:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle