Project Blue Goose Build Thread

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Finally Time to start working on this truck.
Got the Hood off working on getting the engine wires disconnected.
So far the Transmission lines are off
the accelerator cables are off.
Thinking I'll just unbolt the ac compressor and move to the side so I do t have to discharge the system.
Tomorrow I'll start on getting the motor mounts off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    959.2 KB · Views: 22

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Are these the only bolts for the motor mounts?
ICanFixAll was saying in a thread that I can't find now about taking the combat assembly out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 126

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove the oil filter and starter. Check the back side of the heads for ground wires going to the firewall.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
Got both motor mounts unbolted.
Then Started Raining so I'm done for the day.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Keep up the good coverage & keep the pics coming, I'm about to be doing this myself in the very near future. 'Scribed :popcorn
Thanks this is my first time pulling a engine of this size. all the engine tear down and removing I've done had been on a 71 Vw Superbeetle. It's been easy so far. :D

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Ok time to start working on this
Today I removed the Raditator tomorrow I'm looking to remove it and start tearing into it.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't pull the core support it is definitely a little scary with one of these swingin from a hoist that high. It's even scarier when you have the rebuilt one going back in !

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
If you don't pull the core support it is definitely a little scary with one of these swingin from a hoist that high. It's even scarier when you have the rebuilt one going back in !
My engine hoist doesn't pump up so we're using a SkidSteer
I'm thinking of pulling it straight up.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Unbolted the transmission. Disconnected more hoses

Quick Question the transmission won't slid from the motor will it disconnect when I start pulling the engine? I assume it will but doesn't hurt to ask. :dunno

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    671.7 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    674.2 KB · Views: 22

KnockKnock

Reaction score
Assuming you've already unbolted the torque converter, the trans is probably sitting on the alignment pins on the back of the block. Once you start lifting the engine, a pry-bar should get them to let loose with minimal difficulty.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use a thick piece of plywood as large as trans pan or 2x4 wider than pan...must go past edges plywood best3/4" place wood on jack near front of pan and lift gently...as 6ou raise engine jack trans this way once engine and trans seperate you do not hqve trans drop and tq cnvt fall out.

IMHO removing clip makes engine re n re easiest....but thats just my opinion...having pulled a rad support once I know from experience I wont do just rad support again..nope clip or nothing

JM2CW

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Use a thick piece of plywood as large as trans pan or 2x4 wider than pan...must go past edges plywood best3/4" place wood on jack near front of pan and lift gently...as 6ou raise engine jack trans this way once engine and trans seperate you do not hqve trans drop and tq cnvt fall out.

IMHO removing clip makes engine re n re easiest....but thats just my opinion...having pulled a rad support once I know from experience I wont do just rad support again..nope clip or nothing

JM2CW

I rented an engine hoist to pull my engine, and maybe I was just lucky, but it was large enough and adjustable enough (even in 1 ton adjustment) that I had no problem lifting the engine over the radiator mount. I did of course take the radiator out before this. I just really couldn't see doing all of the extra work of pulling the front clip- I'm big into conservation of energy..:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86