l@@k what i scored in the lone star today!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek: You ain't kidding! That's the same truck?! Good work Man!:hail

thanks.i sure have spent an hour or two wrenching on her since '09 that's for sure.but she's never let me down for any serious amount of time.old faithful.
now to jump ahead..........she sports a set of running boards instead of nurf bars but basically as today;

that's the short abbreviated story of chip truck anyway for those who may have missed some trials and tribulations over the years lol.i work her hard.i load her up just about every week day save for winter months with chips,brush and or firewood.sometimes even a couple yards of earth.she's hauled tons,and tons,and tons of tree over the years for me and she'll haul ton's and ton's more to come.
just like a tractor when it comes time to twitch trees or plow snow.you gotta love these old diesels.;Sweet

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    738.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes it snows in April - Prince

Prince wasn't lying when he wrote that song (may he rest in peace) because that's just what happened here today on the 26th of April.crazy.

ok so,the hardware came and it's time to start putting chip truck back together.
rad support back in.so the hardware kit was good but it didn't come with the large washers you need.so i had to run to the hardware store and get them.one on the bottom,a very large and a smaller for the top,followed by one more smaller,this way it gets stepped down for the nut.
attachment.php

header panel back in.
attachment.php

cut up that nice solid rad support!:eek: to fit in and mount the intercooler and ready room for the piping.also mounted the electric fan controller.run the wires up across to the other side and such and a few wires out through for the plow hookup.run the hood latch cable,installed the latch and adjusted.
attachment.php

chip trucks' becoming more solid and one step closer to getting back to work duty.

Attachments

• 28.JPG
    28.JPG
    440.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 29.JPG
    29.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 30.JPG
    30.JPG
    388.6 KB · Views: 65

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
You just flew by me as far as progress! Just got mine tightened down today. Still waiting on an undamaged fender to pickup stream again.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front end is looking good! Ya gotta love those late spring storms - we get 'em here in Wisconsin too. You can get rained on, hailed on, sleeted on and snowed on all from the same storm.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
chip truck comes together a few more steps..........

so i install the new torque converter nuts and put the inspection cover back on.
install the new starter.
replace bulkhead connector....again lol.though it's already a replacement i installed a few years ago and though i did have the heat shield in place,it was still brittle and broke super easy on me,when i went to reinstall it.as shown.
attachment.php

run the hardness up over,plugged in the range sensor and t-case lo range switch connector.wire tied up good and reinstalled the heat shield for the pack connector.
replaced my trans temp sending unit.hopefully this cures the false pegged readings from time to time.if not,i'll need to look at the ground for the gauge i guess.
lastly i install the skid plate and the trans flexplate replacement is complete......well,save for topping up the trans still.

edit;
oh.i guess i never mentioned this in this thread.but while the front end was apart,i had a bad (rounded off flexplate teeth) and the starter couldn't engage whenever the engine would stop there.i used to have to keep bumping the starter to get it to spin a bit.that couldn't go on forever so i took this downtime to include this repair too.so i did just that.pulled the trans and replaced the flexplate with a new one.this is now complete.

since i forgot to snap a couple pics of the new hardware/mounts i took a couple today;
attachment.php

attachment.php

set the e-fans down in.usually i always had to set it in before the rad because there wasn't enough room to slide it down in (due to the large motor) after.
attachment.php

but now without the ac condenser i was able to lift it up and out ok with the rad in.i dunno how it gave me more room really but i'll take it!
so anywho,i installed the rad and bolted it in.connected all the bottom hoses.i didn't take a pic,i forgot but i also installed the corner markers.
i mounted my remote oil filter down in the center as you can see.
attachment.php

i started to put the intercooler pipe back in.got the left side (cold side) but it's getting dark and cold out there now so i said uncle.
run in more plow harness wiring and the block heater cord.got those wire tied up.
just a few more steps and waiting for my aux oil cooler still.

almost there!

Attachments

• 31.JPG
    31.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 32.JPG
    32.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 33.JPG
    33.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 34.JPG
    34.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 35.JPG
    35.JPG
    340.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Nice productivity! :hail Especially in the "Canadian like" weather.

How are the electric fans working for you? Do you know how much current they draw?

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanx.yeah i wish it would warm up already.dang.the fans work great.they only need to work in July and August here! lol! well ok,maybe a little bit more often but only from time to time.iv got the aux oil cooler on a t-stat and with that keeping the oil cooler,the coolant temps are very easy to keep managed.
the e-fans are from a 1995 - 1998 ford windstar.i no longer recall the specs,it's been so long.

1995 - 1998 Dual Electric Ford Windstar Engine Fan Assembly.Approx 2200 CFM Each/4400 CFM Total
Delta Current Control Variable Speed Fan Controller #FK-85P w/ DCC Remote Temperature Controller #TADJ22 & Indicator Light #L-101

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What IC did you use...how did you mount it.

Looking great...thinking of obs for blue ox

CXRacing Front Mount Intercooler Overall Size: 31"x12"x3" Core Size: 24"x12'x3" #IC0022-BLK
(#IC0022 in log truck.same cooler but not black powder coated)

mounting the cooler is super easy.it comes with a couple threaded mount holes.2 each on the top and 2 on the bottom.
i simply used a couple angle brackets to mount it on the top.the boots and piping hold the bottom from swaying.

install info;
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...anks-Wastegated-Sidewinder-Into-9th-Gen-Truck

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smaller than the 7.3 PS IC I have.

yeah.smaller than those.i feel these are matched just right for the standard turbo kits.of course even if i had wanted to,this is the largest one that would fit in chip truck with the plow push plate cross bars.iv only got an inch or so between the cooler and the bars.
attachment.php

this intercooler worked so good that i installed the same one in log truck.of course with it's 5.13 gearing,an intercooler is hardly required anywho......but it's all fun.:D

well l@@Ky here guys! chip truck is all back together again! i made it! wow what a job.i should never have to do that one again.my good god.what a chore.
installed the e-fans and got them wired back up to the controller.installed all intercooler pipes.i even removed some more A/C junk since i'll never be messing with it again.ripped out the lines and the dryer.cleaned it up a bunch under there.much better without that mess under the hood.
installed the batteries and hooked them up.
im doing an oil change during this too but it's just drained and replaced the filter.can't top it up until the machine shop repairs the aux cooler.that or i could just loop the line at the thermostat i have under there for now.might do that but, they said they might have it ready tomorrow,so we'll see.
need to run it and top up the trans.i must of lost a quart removing lines,and such.made a good mess.replaced the res seal in the ps pump while apart,so i might need to top that up.i'll need to run it up to operating temp so i can top up the coolant fully but, she's basically all back together anyway.better condition now than she's ever been.
put the new/summer grill in.truck needs a good washing now.when it warms up a bit i'll wax it too.
for now,she's good to go back to work anytime.glad it's done.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 36.JPG
    36.JPG
    502.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 37

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
good yeah.cheaply made.depo brand on ebay.you want to use all the oem hardware you can.once installed and left alone,they're fine though.they work good.a million times better than the oem yellowed out things i took off,years ago.i did the relay mod but nothing compared to installing new lenses.very white and clear.easy to see at night.just like driving any modern vehicle (save for led or hid of course).

id buy 'em again and did for log truck.
attachment.php

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since i forgot to snap a couple pics of the new hardware/mounts i took a couple today;
attachment.php

attachment.php

I hate to say this but your rad mount hardware is upside-down. It should go from bottom up: bolt, large thick ish washer, rubber only bushing then mount then the top bushing with threaded insert then your spacers, rad support, washer and nut.