Register to remove these ads

Thread: turbo vs non turbo Injector pump

Full Access Member
    Thanks

Default turbo vs non turbo Injector pump

Hey all, Ive been reading trying to find the answer....but I was checking out the Uhaul Injection pumps that was all the frenzy here a couple of months ago. I guess I saw it a little late. I have a 94 with stock turbo. What is the difference between an IP for non turbo and one for a turbo? Id like to get one, but it looks like only non turbos left.
    '94 idi f350 dually, 4.10 gears, crewcab, 8ft bed, factory turbo, E40D, pyro, trans temp, and boost gauges, 3" downtube, 3" exhaust, no muffler, hypermax cowl.

Yeah, it's a CHEVY! GenLightening's Avatar
    Thanks

The turbo unit has the extra fuel screw, but you can still use the early style if you turn the fuel up on it.
    Doug

'88 Chevy 1Ton CC DRW 2wd
    6.9 IH IDI w/Banks Sidewinder
    Rodney Red custom radiator
    E4OD w/Baumann controller and Racer-X triple disc TC

Thanks

I have a non turbo with extra screw. I believe the calibration is different. I went with the non turbo, becouse I was under the impression that less fuel is delivered. At the altitude I live at, I want more air not more fuel. Works great.
    94 f-350 crew
    Teal green (soon to repaint), 5" dual turnouts, strait 3" from turbo to Y, factory 94 ats turbo, 92 long block w/ 170,000, custom intake, 5 on the floor and a dent in the door!
    many mods to come!!

Thanks

IMHO i think a N/A pump is better on a turbo motor than a turbo pump is, my original pump broke the shaft in it so i put one of my used n/a pumps on it and wow it ran great and was a lot torgueier and faster ,so i went and ordered the correct pump for it and man what a turd again. i dunno but this is just my opinion!!
    1994 F-250 Supercab "waylon", 4x4 7.3 factory turbo (SOLD) I'm idiless at the moment but i will find anothe rin the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by MUDKICKR View Post
    You do know that a ford f250 = a 3500 chevy, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    Unless you lure me with steak and chocolate....

Oh the things I will do for steak and chocolate haha