turbo vs non turbo Injector pump

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by Halltrail, May 31, 2011.

1. Halltrail

Halltrail Full Access Member

Hey all, Ive been reading trying to find the answer....but I was checking out the Uhaul Injection pumps that was all the frenzy here a couple of months ago. I guess I saw it a little late. I have a 94 with stock turbo. What is the difference between an IP for non turbo and one for a turbo? Id like to get one, but it looks like only non turbos left.

2. GenLightening

GenLightening Yeah, it's a CHEVY!

The turbo unit has the extra fuel screw, but you can still use the early style if you turn the fuel up on it.

3. motox tech

motox tech Full Access Member

I have a non turbo with extra screw. I believe the calibration is different. I went with the non turbo, becouse I was under the impression that less fuel is delivered. At the altitude I live at, I want more air not more fuel. Works great.

4. biggin92

biggin92 Yeeeee Haaawwww

IMHO i think a N/A pump is better on a turbo motor than a turbo pump is, my original pump broke the shaft in it so i put one of my used n/a pumps on it and wow it ran great and was a lot torgueier and faster ,so i went and ordered the correct pump for it and man what a turd again. i dunno but this is just my opinion!!