86 f350 cc rebuild

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so i've been tossing around the idea of a frame off restoration when i do my solid axle swap. planning on air bags with 4-links on the supension, blue undercoat, engine swap to the 6.9 in the shop right now, braded hoses in engine compartment, body work to the cab floor, hydrobost, hypermax turbo 5 in stacks, 35' tires, paint, etc..
anybody have any other ideas?
i started this thread so i could continue updating with pics. project "punisher"
will get under way late december and i'm looking for ideas while i get my ducks in a row.
chris

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Take lots of pics of the four link and air bag setup. If you fab it up yourself,
I would be very interested in how it goes. This is something I want to do to my truck myself, I just dont have the money to throw at it right now.

diesel4me2

Reaction score
intercooler is a defentaly. sunroofs, i've had enough with water dripping on me. not that i wouldn't be cool, i'm just not that good. :D deffentaly take pics of install. any thing else?
chris

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
diesel4me2 said:
so i've been tossing around the idea of a frame off restoration when i do my solid axle swap. planning on air bags with 4-links on the supension, blue undercoat, engine swap to the 6.9 in the shop right now, braded hoses in engine compartment, body work to the cab floor, hydrobost, hypermax turbo 5 in stacks, 35' tires, paint, etc..

:eek:

Ummmm Chris........

Ya forgot the kitchen sink.:thumbsup:

Gitrdone!!!!

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
GPS, DVD player, Dynamat the whole interior, backup camera, onboard air, stainless fluid lines on the frame...just thinking out loud.

Tom

diesel4me2

Reaction score
GPS, DVD player, Dynamat the whole interior, backup camera, onboard air, stainless fluid lines on the frame...just thinking out loud.

Tom

allready has the dvd player, dynamat, onboard air (comming with the air bags), and stainless lines are good, had planed on running braided, what do you think ridged or flex? as far as camera, i'll have to do more research.

as far as the kitchen sink, it's going in the bed:rotflmao

chris

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
allready has the dvd player, dynamat, onboard air (comming with the air bags), and stainless lines are good, had planed on running braided, what do you think ridged or flex? as far as camera, i'll have to do more research.

as far as the kitchen sink, it's going in the bed:rotflmao

chris

Right next to the port-o-*****.:rotflmao

Run rigid lines along the frame rails and flex to your connections. I believe InlineTube makes a stainless brake line kit for our trucks. Not sure about fuel lines. Or you can buy the benders and flair tools and do it yourself. Stainless can be hard to double flair for the brake lines though. I think that's what I would do if I were doing a frame-off.

Tom

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dump bed and a one piece tilt frt end, make the frt end easy to remove and one other thing 4.56 gears and a set of 40" tires. one other thing i would do, if i put stacks on any trk i wouldnt have them coming from inside the bed i would cut the frt of the bed, and contour it to where the stacks inset between the bed and the cab, just my 2 cents but i think it would look better

diesel4me2

Reaction score
update

so just so i don't loose this thread, heres a little teaser. more to come
chris

Attachments

• MVC-362S.JPG
    MVC-362S.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 12
  • MVC-359S.JPG
    MVC-359S.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
  • MVC-360S.JPG
    MVC-360S.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-361S.JPG
    MVC-361S.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 10

diesel4me2

Reaction score
:D it's a good thing:D
more to follow, 4links, air bags, 19.5 wheels with load f tires, arb's front and rear.
chris

diesel4me2

Reaction score
ok, so i got my camera back, unfortunately not in time for the rebuild of the axle. so heres where it stands right now. arb installed, backlash at .009, good pattern on the gears, king pin rebuild on both sides, new u-joints, and primered. my question is since this is a srw front axle can i use the hub/rotor combo and just bolt my dually extensions on over the hub, or am i going to have to find something different?
chris

Attachments

• MVC-844S.JPG
    MVC-844S.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-845S.JPG
    MVC-845S.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 4
  • MVC-846S.JPG
    MVC-846S.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 5
  • MVC-847S.JPG