Watching for years

mduffm

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been lurking for years and have gathered a lot of good information for my 1991 F350: dually, crewcab with aftermarket ATS turbo. I finally decided that I should join in. 1) I’m not really very good with computers and I don’t see on the homepage where I can post to a thread. 2) I do have a question. I suspect that my oil sending unit is faulty and may even be leaking. I ordered a new one and it looks nothing like the one I have. Mine is small, it looks like a deep 1/2” socket would fit over it. I think it’s a 1/4 NPT thread located on the passenger side almost under my ATS turbo. All the ones I see on line (and the one I bought) are much bigger. Can anyone Help me figure out what I need?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to O.B. I am guessing by"oil sending unit" you mean "oil pressure sending unit". You have to be clear on what you are looking for. My guess of Oil Pressure means you can use almost any 1/4 NPT threaded unit that will fit. There are many sources we all use here. One of mine is www.lmctrucks.com.

mduffm

Reaction score
Thank you DaveBen. As to the computers, I think all I had to do was sign up and then reboot the website because , now, there is an option to post. After finally figuring out that my issue with one brake light not working was a faulty turn signal switch, one day after fixing that, my brakes stopped working well. Thanks to a thread search, I was able to determine that my vacuum pump was faulty, no suction at the pump. A new one is on the way.

mduffm

Reaction score
I guess it was about time to stop lurking and join up. Replaced my vacuum pump today after reading threads about it and the brakes work again. Easy job. I love this truck. I’ve had it about 12 years, bought it in Nevada, no rust, and I don’t drive it in the winter up here in the Northeast rust belt.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Oil Burners! If I could park a car and a truck, up where you live, I would do it!

mduffm

Reaction score
Buck the Truck not only doesn’t go out in the salt, he lives in the barn when not hauling my stuff or my dogs. The rear seat has been removed for them.
You must be registered for see images attach