Vacume pump.................

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
........threw a 7 yesterday about 90 mi from home
8k lb of truck is NO fun trying to stop w/o vacume.

Called the NAPA nearest to my house and had the white woman go get it so I could change it out when I got home.
Not to bad on cost-$145 of which I got $25 back for the core. p/n 64-1024
Now on to the reason for this thread
Getting that pressed on pully off is no picknic using a std bar puller and trying to grind down the arms to fit ......at night no less
Had to stop before I amped out and went back to NAPA this morning and found the IDEAL puller that will also work on the power steering pulley as well
It is NAPA#775-9073 listed in their Evercraft service tools.
Cost...under $20
Get this puller if you haven't got one already..it's well made for the $

As far as installing the pulley on the new pump, I just mounted the pump on the eng and used a 3/8-16 hardend bolt with solid threads{no shoulder} a old bearing I had and a wshr to press the pulley on the shaft.

It's GREAT having brakes that don't cause my leg to be on fire!

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Woah Nellie! Glad you stopped your beast. :D I changed my vacuum pump earlier this summer just prior to it going out on me. My mechanic had the correct puller so I had no stress at night like you did.

Ggg

Reaction score
A few years ago my vacuum pump went out on a toll road. I knew nothing untill I had to stop for a toll plaza :eek:......I ended up getting a ticket for damage to State property when I hit the toll gate and broke it off. But I did manage to throw the change into the toll basket ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7