Truck Camper on Gooseneck?

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
why not put it in the truck and use a bumper hitch car hauler for the hauling?

you can get a thingymuhjigger to extend a reciever hitch out past the camper for towing... i have seen them but i'm not sure what they are called

kblackav8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trailer Tech?

Torklift makes an extension hitch which I have.
New TOPIC - Trailer tech itself. Who makes the better trailer? Pace or Haulmark? What about older trailers, I am looking at a 92' Pace enclosed? What has changed over the years to why new would be better then an older but well maintained trailer? Anyone know of an online trailer buyers guide?
Kevin

912504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an idea I had.

What about going the other way with this. How about you buy a long 5th wheel camper trailer and cut the rear section off the back and shorten the body of the camper leaving the rear frame hanging out there for you to put planks on for hauling your car etc. I would think this route could end up being much cheaper since you could look into a "salvaged" trailer that had a tree fall on it and crush the rear half a little bit.
Most of the 5th wheel trailers have really sweet sweet masterbedrooms in the nose with the bathroom at the foot of it so then you could find one that has the living room in the very back and viola. Check out Ebay because its campers sellin for cheap season right now.

Just an option I was thinking about a little while back.
Eric

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
saw a redneck camper the other day, it was just a gooseneck with one of those portable 8ft by 8ft sheds bolted to it.

i thought they were delivering it somewhere, until I talked to them (cookoo)

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup and i know someone in the last four years has taken a picture of somethign like this. and i wanna see um. or maybe someone in the last four years has joined. and they never knew about this thread, and has a similar setup. not trying to be an ass. just looking for more info.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump away, I never saw this thread and always thought of this concept too but with a pop- up mounted up top on the 5'er. I like the slip in camper idea better though, never thought of it. I got just the trailer.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online